Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB TV Black Out

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

In past weeks I had no problem watching Baseball on MLB TV,  until tonight.   It's blacked out  showing that I'm in a area that is a black out.  I'm in the Kansas City- St. Louis baseball market, and never had this before.  I would call Dish,  but,  they probably would say I'm not a Dish subscriber or something else.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

In past weeks I had no problem watching Baseball on MLB TV,  until tonight.   It's blacked out  showing that I'm in a area that is a black out.  I'm in the Kansas City- St. Louis baseball market, and never had this before.  I would call Dish,  but,  they probably would say I'm not a Dish subscriber or something else.

Do you mean MLB Network? If so, are they airing the Cardinals or Royals?

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,622 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

The blackout usually means the game is available on another channel.  Blackouts usually occur when the game carried is in your local home market.  There are exceptions sometimes, but this is usually the reason... so you might find the game available on another channel.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Do you mean MLB Network? If so, are they airing the Cardinals or Royals?

My MLB Network schedule shows they are not airing either one.  

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,622 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

My EPG says "Yankees at Royals" for MLB Network right now.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#6 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

My MLB Network schedule shows they are not airing either one.  

I've tried the ROOT channel 414...Rocky Mountain Rockies channel, and it too is blacked out.   So,  it must be MLB is airing the Rockies-Cardinal game.

#7 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

My EPG says "Yankees at Royals" for MLB Network right now.

Stewart,  I can watch channel 446..Fox Sports MW...Airing Yankees at Royals.   But, I'm a old St. Louis Cardinal fan and my father-in-law played for the Cardinals from 1918-1927. 

#8 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

I just went to the family room where the wife views her TV programing.  In the family room we have a VIP211 connected to a 43" HDTV.    I turned the to channel 152 and there's the Yankee-Royal game being shown.  I generally watch TV in the Den where I have a VIP211K on a Samsung 43" TV.  In the den on Dish MLB Network  channel 152  it's blacked out according to the wording.   

I subscribe to Dish 250 channels,  and I get more channels on the family room VIP211 than I do in the den VIP211K.  The two receivers are connected to the same 1000.2 antenna. Please explain to me...why?      

#9 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

If you are in the Royals TV area, you should be blacked out on channel 152. I assume Fox Sports Kansas City was televising. Did you check it to see if you were getting the game?

#10 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

You should get the same programming on both receivers. Check to ensure your guide is not on a Favorites List, which could have fewer channels saved to the list.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

I just went to the family room where the wife views her TV programing.  In the family room we have a VIP211 connected to a 43" HDTV.    I turned the to channel 152 and there's the Yankee-Royal game being shown.  I generally watch TV in the Den where I have a VIP211K on a Samsung 43" TV.  In the den on Dish MLB Network  channel 152  it's blacked out according to the wording.   

I subscribe to Dish 250 channels,  and I get more channels on the family room VIP211 than I do in the den VIP211K.  The two receivers are connected to the same 1000.2 antenna. Please explain to me...why?      

#11 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

By any chance was that VIP211k in the den a warranty replacement?  I once had a warranty replacement receiver that was stuck in Rhode Island - it had all the Providence locals in the EPG.  While this is not the same issue, it's possible that the den receiver had been coded for another area of the country where the game was blacked out.

I don't think a favorites list would cause the blackout message (if that is indeed what you are getting). 

Edited by Michael P, 14 May 2013 - 12:57 PM.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...