Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,349 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

I like Once Upon a Time, but not sure this is a good idea. This is going to be a spinoff.

http://tvbythenumber...-by-abc/182181/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,426 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Same feeling.  I like Once Upon a Time, but I don't know that it needs a spinoff.  All it does is split the story-pool between two shows... and I don't know that it bodes well for longterm success of either series.

For comparison...

Years ago the Superman comic had the same writer on two different comics... and that comic went bi-weekly during the summer... so the writer left the title a couple of years earlier than he intended... and he said basically that working on two books he had burnt through all his ideas much quicker and wanted to leave on a high note.  The same guy would have stayed on a single book twice as long.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,670 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Supposedly Alice in Wonderland was partially base around drugs of its time period.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#4 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Someone needs to shame me somehow into stop watching this.

I have no kids or wife and I can only think that it is the duck lipped red queen that keeps me going here.

Even Lithgow as a rabbit is not enough. But why do I keep watching this crappy show?

HELP!!

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,115 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

I never started it.  Alice in Wonderland was never a book or story I cared for.  But I love Once Upon a Time!  My daughter and I watch it every week.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,670 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

Someone needs to shame me somehow into stop watching this.

I have no kids or wife and I can only think that it is the duck lipped red queen that keeps me going here.

Even Lithgow as a rabbit is not enough. But why do I keep watching this crappy show?

HELP!!

Almost a ditto here.

But I find it entertaining enough to keep watching it live as there is nothing else on at its time slot that I like.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#7 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Sophie Lowe was fantastic in "The Slap". And I was looking forward to seeing her in this, but she's badly miscast and the entire show is a silly mishmosh of preposterous twaddle.

#8 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Please. Tell us how you really feel :)

I find this show better than say the shopping channel and a bit more entertaining than the local news broadcasts but it is too dark and not quite done right. Not sure what would fix it either. They had a hit with Once Upon a Time, Great! Don't try to spin off near clones and expect the same response.

I would write in a pack of cannibalistic elves attacking the kingdom. . . fade to bloated elves napping about the landscape, roll series end credits

Don "or perhaps it's time for the holy hand grenade sketch" Bolton 

Sophie Lowe was fantastic in "The Slap". And I was looking forward to seeing her in this, but she's badly miscast and the entire show is a silly mishmosh of preposterous twaddle.

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

spam firewall