Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Do you think Directv could create a subscription based service for Directv Cinema

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Original series or movies, content is content. Why does it make a difference? With hbo, you can download all the series if you have download access.

Not entirely sure what you are referring to here.  I was stating that HBO would probably have no issue with this idea based on the fact that D* PPV does not play the same movies that are currently on HBO.  Also, this would not effect HBO in the way of original series at all, as they are not shown through D* PPV.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,666 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Not entirely sure what you are referring to here.  I was stating that HBO would probably have no issue with this idea based on the fact that D* PPV does not play the same movies that are currently on HBO.  Also, this would not effect HBO in the way of original series at all, as they are not shown through D* PPV.

I interpreted the discussion to include the premium channels on demand stuff. I see you did not. Maybe you are right. Not sure what the intent was.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#23 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

I interpreted the discussion to include the premium channels on demand stuff. I see you did not. Maybe you are right. Not sure what the intent was.

lol I can see where the change happened.  Originally, from my understanding, we were talking about being able to have all the PPV channels unlocked throughout the month for one monthly cost.  Someone mentioned HBO or other premium networks wouldn't like that.  They would definitely be against it if it opened up the premium On Demand content but if it was just for PPV movies, I don't see the premium networks worrying about it.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#24 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

lol I can see where the change happened.  Originally, from my understanding, we were talking about being able to have all the PPV channels unlocked throughout the month for one monthly cost.  Someone mentioned HBO or other premium networks wouldn't like that.  They would definitely be against it if it opened up the premium On Demand content but if it was just for PPV movies, I don't see the premium networks worrying about it.

FiOS offers all the premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, Encore, Starz, and Epix) in one package for $40 a month. I picked up the package last year at 50% off ($20 per month for 12 months) when I called to cancel my HBO/Cinemax half-price package and sign up for HBO only. HBO by itself would have been $17 or $18.

FiOS also offers an amazing number of VOD programs, both free and from the premium channels.

Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#25 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

FiOS offers all the premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, Encore, Starz, and Epix) in one package for $40 a month. I picked up the package last year at 50% off ($20 per month for 12 months) when I called to cancel my HBO/Cinemax half-price package and sign up for HBO only. HBO by itself would have been $17 or $18.

FiOS also offers an amazing number of VOD programs, both free and from the premium channels.

Comcast also offers the full package from the premium networks for cheaper than D*.  But with HBO, Starz, Showtime and Cinemax from Comcast, you get 17 channels(from the last channel lineup I received from them) whereas D* gives you 47 channels with those networks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...