Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NCIS instead of NCIS:LA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   orenr

orenr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

I just got a new Hopper a few days ago (switched from a 622) and something weird happened.  I recorded NCIS and NCIS:LA last Tuesday, using PTAT but with actual timers set for them, and when I went to watch NCIS:LA it showed me the NCIS episode that was just before it.  I doubt that they aired the wrong program.  Is this a software bug, or should I suspect that there is something wrong with my box?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

When did you watch it? During PTAT? During PTAT all the shows are recorded as one long stream and afterwards are chopped into the apppropriate pieces. Did you watch it from the My Recordings folder or from the PTAT folder?

#3 OFFLINE   orenr

orenr

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

I watched it yesterday afternoon (not during PTAT).  I watched it (or tried to) from "My Recordings"

#4 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

There has been two times in the past few weeks for some reason they aired NCIS LA at 8 and NCIS at nine. Why I have no idea. So maybe that was your problem which means you didn't really have a problem.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,694 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Without knowing where he is, it is also possible that there was some local event that happened.  Sometimes local sports or news will pre-empt the network show and the local channel will re-air the episode at a later time.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#6 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

There has been two times in the past few weeks for some reason they aired NCIS LA at 8 and NCIS at nine. Why I have no idea.

To win.  NCIS and Sunday Night NFL were neck and neck for #1 show in overall ratings for the season, which ended this week.  However CBS showed the season finale of NCIS last week.  If it showed an NCIS rerun in its normal 8 time slot, it would have counted in the season ratings, and the NFL would have won just slightly, since the rerun got a low rating.  But by showing NCIS at 9 it is considered a "special" and did not count in the season average and NCIS was the highest rated program of the year.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...