Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Contact to request Guide changes?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jkkbishop

jkkbishop

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Is there a good contact to ask for changes to program coding in the guide? Specifically, Formula One Pre-Race is coded as a special, so that it can't be set to record as a series. The race and F1 Extra, which always follow immediately, are both listed as Series.

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,570 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

You would need to contact the network directly as DirecTV outsources the guide data from TMS which get the info from the network 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

Have you tried to set a Series to "Episode Type : Both" so that it records every time it finds one whether it is new or old ?

If that does not work for you, have you tried finding a set of words in the title that may be unique and set it to "Auto Record" ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   jkkbishop

jkkbishop

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

@jimmie57 Thanks for the response. I forgot that I could autorecord based on a keyword search. Hopefully that will work. Without doing that, I can't set episode type to both because it's in the guide as a special. There are no series options--only episode options.

I'm trying to follow up with NBC Sports Network to get them to fix it. The races and post-race shows are all correctly coded as series.

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,728 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Interesting that Comcast Sports does not code a baseball homestand -or awaystand- as a series. I mean, how difficult would it be? Or can a Comcast customer easily set up to record a 2-4 game series, whereas we sat folks have to diddle all about?

In the meantime, can someone tell me how to set up a master search to get all Giants BB games, first run only? I.e., I've not done macros on a direcTV  DVR, and I'd like a leg up from the experts. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...