A couple months ago, my 722k started occassionally giving me a 'partial signal loss' message (with the obligatory solutions: check line of site, check cable, check connections, unplug receiver for a few seconds and restart-etc). It's becoming more & more frequent. I've found that by hitting either the 'guide' or 'menu' buttons on the remote and then cancel, the problem clears up. Sometimes it clears for days, sometime only a couple minutes. I have found it seems to happen most often when I'm watching a program from Sat 129, and when I've checked signal strength when it happens it's usually in the mid to upper 50's. My receiver is in the open with an external fan drawing air out (average hd temp seems to be about 105)
My 211k in the bedroom, connected to the same dish/lnbs has not had this problem. AND there is absolutely nothing near the dish that could be blocking any of the signal
Anyone else have this happen? Did you come up with a fix?
My OTA has been disconnected now for a few weeks since it had been locking up my receiver with a transmitter only 6 miles away and a 100.00 antenna with a stable 96 signal. I only had 1 station programmed. So I thought. With L800 and previous two updates, I turn the receiver and without the OTA and re-scanned without the antenna connected to clear the counter I get complete signal lost and sometimes channel signal lost. I go and check signal and is from 60 to 107 ( i have dish 300 ).
When I go to system info one I see 11-12-11, 11-11-11 on the hours prior to me turning on the receiver and up to the moment I turned it on. If I unplug the receiver its gone and no more signal lost.
Bottom line, cannot be OTA. Temperature is not since mine has an adjustable dual fan on the left side looking at unit from front that lets the heat flow out and temperature high is 122 and average is 111 and is on a open glass that let it ventilate and is cool to the touch My wiring I change every two years or so and use RG6-Q with compression fittings and seal them better than a bank vault. When that happens and I reset unit and go to counters and hit analysis all parameters of four for each tuner and sat position have all great signal. And guess what, it's only the 722K that does it.
Right now I have on section b of System info one I have 30/140 which goes down or up every few hours.
All these signal loses started with L756 which soon changed to L759 and now L800.
Does not sound to me like a receiver/connection problem.
I have done everything I could or did DISH bugged the receiver so we could all got the Hopper.