Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Suspend service on a D12-100 receiver question

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

That is unfortunate that happen to you from an agent misleading you. A leased receiver once deactivated from the account MUST be returned back to DirecTV--no exceptions to this rule. Only an owned receiver can be deactivated and reactivated on an off. That is one of the few benefits I can think of for leased vs. owned. Once a leased receiver is deactivated, the system automatically generates an order for a recovery kit and if that is not returned in 7 days from receiving the kit (21 days for account cancellations) you will be charged a non return equipment fee. Now the CSRs do have a way for that not to happen and it is only to be used under situations like the installer took the receiver back with him from an work order for an upgrade, and did not deactivate the leased receiver from the account. This ensures you are not charged a nrf when you don't have that ird still. ...

Yeah, that's what happened here ....

When I first called to deactivate the R16, CS told me I could keep the R16 and to ignore the return kit which indeed came in the mail shortly thereafter, so I did. Then about three months later the rest happened as I explained.

I really wouldn't have minded the screw-up so much except that it actually happened again when I called in to CS to complain about the non-returned equipment fee and this east coast warehouse calling me requesting the R16 after they assured me it would be no problem to keep it.

They apologized for the warehouse calls and credited my account for the NREF, and again told me it would be alright to keep the R16 if I wished and ignore the return kit from that warehouse.

However I didn't believe CS any longer on this issue and sent the R16 back anyhow in the return kit sent to me by that warehouse.

Problem solved as I heard nothing more of it since ...      

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

RIO3 release notes 

"The receiver has to be disconnected with the correct code (08 Seasonal / Long Term Vacation) to suppress recovery kit which triggers the Non-Return Fee."

CSR's are you able to put this in as a reason? 

#23 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

For any CSRs that post here, what does code 1022 means when deactivating a receiver?

1022 refers to deactivating with no recovery necessary.  This should only be used when the receiver has been destroyed (house fire or such) or the technician took the receiver with him.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#24 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

RIO3 release notes 

"The receiver has to be disconnected with the correct code (08 Seasonal / Long Term Vacation) to suppress recovery kit which triggers the Non-Return Fee."

CSR's are you able to put this in as a reason? 

There is 08 Seasonal Long Term but again, that is only for owned receivers.

R16 after they assured me it would be no problem to keep it.

They apologized for the warehouse calls and credited my account for the NREF, and again told me it would be alright to keep the R16 if I wished and ignore the return kit from that warehouse.

However I didn't believe CS any longer on this issue and sent the R16 back anyhow in the return kit sent to me by that warehouse.

Problem solved as I heard nothing more of it since ...      

After the CSR credited off the NRF, you could of kept the reciever at that point. But I do not blame you at all.

Edited by Volatility, 14 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

There is 08 Seasonal Long Term but again, that is only for owned receivers.

Have you ever tried it on a leased receiver? Under Q&A for RIO release notes it states leased/owned can be disconnected with this code and not generate a recovery.

#26 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Have you ever tried it on a leased receiver? Under Q&A for RIO release notes it states leased/owned can be disconnected with this code and not generate a recovery.

Whatever you are looking at appears to be out dated.
From the scripts:
Leased receivers MUST ALWAYS be returned to DIRECTV upon disconnect to prevent a non-return fee from being applied. If the customer has only one active leased receiver and requests to temporarily disconnect it, offer to Suspend the Account and do not use Seasonal/Vacation Disconnect Reasoning as only applies to owned recievers.

Edited by Volatility, 14 May 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

A receiver can be deactivated without sending recovery but policy is only for destroyed receivers and receiver a technician took.  It can be done but a CSR should never offer this for a recoverable leased receiver.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#28 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,315 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

A receiver can be deactivated without sending recovery but policy is only for destroyed receivers and receiver a technician took.  It can be done but a CSR should never offer this for a recoverable leased receiver.

This is where code 1022 comes in.  I learned this from reading a customers notes.  This particular customer had an account in Colorado with receivers there and in a summer house in FIre Island NY on the same account.  his summer house receivers were deactivated using code 1022.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#29 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

This is where code 1022 comes in.  I learned this from reading a customers notes.  This particular customer had an account in Colorado with receivers there and in a summer house in FIre Island NY on the same account.  his summer house receivers were deactivated using code 1022.

Sometimes it's almost necessary to do it this way.  If someone can't get to the receiver they want to turn off, 1022 can work.  That would be a special case though. 

#30 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

OK, here's a question.  What if the sub disconnects his D12 and then PAYS the non-return fee?  Can he then activate/deactivate it whenever he wants?  I can't imagine they would charge a non-return fee more than once but you never know....

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#31 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

OK, here's a question.  What if the sub disconnects his D12 and then PAYS the non-return fee?  Can he then activate/deactivate it whenever he wants?  I can't imagine they would charge a non-return fee more than once but you never know....

A non-return fee can be refunded up to 281 days from the date the receiver was deactivated.  A receiver can't be charged twice for non-return without being previously credited.  If someone pays the non-return fee, the receiver becomes owned after 281 days.

#32 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

A non-return fee can be refunded up to 281 days from the date the receiver was deactivated. A receiver can't be charged twice for non-return without being previously credited. If someone pays the non-return fee, the receiver becomes owned after 281 days.

User Goinsleeper is correct. Whats odd is that the nrf is less than the fee to own it in order management system. I heard the nrf on the genie is not to shabby of a price and really the only way to own the genie at this point.

Edited by Volatility, 17 May 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

User Goinsleeper is correct. Whats odd is that the nrf is less than the fee to own it in order management system. I heard the nrf on the genie is not to shabby of a price and really the only way to own the genie at this point.

That's V...E...R...Y interesting!!  (like the guy on Laugh-In used to say)  :)

OK, here's the next question.  I disconnect a receiver but don't return it.  I pay the NRF.  I wait more than 281 days so now it's mine.  Can I sell it to someone who can get it activated on their account?  Or will DirecTV only activate/deactivate it on MY account?

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#34 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

That's V...E...R...Y interesting!!  (like the guy on Laugh-In used to say)  :)

OK, here's the next question.  I disconnect a receiver but don't return it.  I pay the NRF.  I wait more than 281 days so now it's mine.  Can I sell it to someone who can get it activated on their account?  Or will DirecTV only activate/deactivate it on MY account?

Yes you would though the system may not automatically change the status to owned.  If that's the case, you may need to contact the access card department.

#35 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,856 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I have been told that paying the nrf does not result in the ability to later sell the receiver. You can activate/deactivate on your account as desired.  I'm sure there will be someone who has been able to buy and activate such a receiver, but in general I would not expect to be able to do that.

#36 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

I have been told that paying the nrf does not result in the ability to later sell the receiver. You can activate/deactivate on your account as desired.  I'm sure there will be someone who has been able to buy and activate such a receiver, but in general I would not expect to be able to do that.

You would have to wait 281 days before you could sell it. 

spam firewall