Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Upgrade from HR24-100

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   b4pjoe

b4pjoe

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

That isn't an issue, just requires a SWM 16. Both scenarios will work, or even no genie client.

I would replace the H24 with the Genie and keep all of your HDDVRs

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I can keep my other DVR's. I think that is what I will do.

I do have a question about the SWM 16. I presently have the SWM 8 with two ports still open. I have 5 recivers and one room has two different lines running to it but only one is ever in use in that room. Why would I need the SWM 16? It seems if I replaced one of the H24's with a Genie I would still only be using 6 of the 8 available ports? Or does the Genie need more than two coax cables running to it? Presently all of my receivers only have one coax cable running to it?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,910 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

It's not about the ports it's the tuners. Your current one can only handle 8 tuners total, with the 34 taking 5. A SWM 16 will be included in any install that goes over 8 tuners. They will also put a regular LNB on the dish.

#23 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,665 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

what you have (or at least I believe) is a SWM LNB with a SWM8 splitter.  a SWM LNB can only support up to 8 tuners, it does not matter what splitter size you use. When you need 9 tuners or more, than you need a "conventional" LNB (four outputs) to the SWM16 switch which supports up to 16 tuners, 8 on each of its two SWM outputs.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#24 OFFLINE   b4pjoe

b4pjoe

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ahhhh...thanks for that info dpeters11 and peds48. That makes it a lot clearer.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...