Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Late sports alert

NHL Bruins Maple Leafs CNBC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tbirds118

tbirds118

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

If you have your dvr set to record the Bruins/Leafs game on CNBC, be aware that the guide has the game on from only 7pm/e-8pm/e and then regular programming on after that. You'll either need to manually record, record the programs during those time periods or extend your live recording.

Edited by tbirds118, 13 May 2013 - 04:56 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

I know this is long past, but I can't possibly fathom why they would do something like this, putting hockey in a 2 hour time block or a 1 hour time block in this case is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. EVERY BROADCAST WILL BE AT LEAST 2 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES. Why make the slot any shorter?

#3 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Blame NBC. Yet another example of how poor NBC is at handling sports. Actually IMHO NBC is not very good at handling anything.....

#4 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Get the NHL back on ESPN

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Get the NHL back on ESPN

Absolutely not. I watched the NCAA Frozen Four on ESPN. The first 10-15 minutes of the final game was missed because they had on a college softball game between LSU and Florida and during the intermissions, they spent the entire time talking about the Masters. Worst coverage of hockey ever. I was glad when ESPN dumped hockey and think it would be a huge mistake if they went back. Fortunately NBC has another 8-9 years on their contract.

#6 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Absolutely not. I watched the NCAA Frozen Four on ESPN. The first 10-15 minutes of the final game was missed because they had on a college softball game between LSU and Florida and during the intermissions, they spent the entire time talking about the Masters. Worst coverage of hockey ever. I was glad when ESPN dumped hockey and think it would be a huge mistake if they went back. Fortunately NBC has another 8-9 years on their contract.

I agree, I don't know why people always seem to want ESPN back.  Their coverage was never that good and as this poster says, it was always obvious that hockey was way down their priority list.

#7 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Eh, I thought ESPN's coverage of the NHL was just fine until they got the NBA contract.

spam firewall