Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Multi-Sport Channels in HD

Multi-Sport Multi-Sport Pack Multi-Sport Package HD high definition

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

I currently subscribe to the Multi-Sport pack and am an HD for free customer. I get the SD and HD feed for the majority of the channels that I get through the MSP (RSNs excluded of course.)

However, I only get the SD feed of NHL Network and beIN Sports. This does not seem correct to me. It is my understanding that with the HD service customers are supposed to be able to access the HD feed of any of the channels that they subscribe to (assuming Dish carries the HD feed of course).

I used to think that I had this same problem with the NBA Network until I realized that I can access the HD feed on channel 9509 and the HD mapdown to channel 156 just isn't set up correctly for people who access the channel via the MSP. Although this is not correct and the mapdown should be fixed, I just deal with it instead of trying to get a CSR to understand the issue. 

I am not that lucky with the NHL Network and beIN Sports though, I don't have access to their 9000ish (HD) channels or the HD mapdown.

Can anyone offer some input on this? I would try to contact a CSR, but I've never had much luck with them when it comes to anything beyond a simple task. Perhaps a DIRT member could help me.

Thanks,

SteeloC15

Edited by Steeloc15, 13 May 2013 - 07:44 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Do a check switch and tell us what satellites you see.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

110, 119, 129

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

The NHL HD (157) feed is available with the AT 200 and 250 programming packages.  beIN Sport (392) is available with AT 250 programming package.  The Multisports package only provides the SD feeds for these channels.  Thanks.

I currently subscribe to the Multi-Sport pack and am an HD for free customer. I get the SD and HD feed for the majority of the channels that I get through the MSP (RSNs excluded of course.)

However, I only get the SD feed of NHL Network and beIN Sports. This does not seem correct to me. It is my understanding that with the HD service customers are supposed to be able to access the HD feed of any of the channels that they subscribe to (assuming Dish carries the HD feed of course).

I used to think that I had this same problem with the NBA Network until I realized that I can access the HD feed on channel 9509 and the HD mapdown to channel 156 just isn't set up correctly for people who access the channel via the MSP. Although this is not correct and the mapdown should be fixed, I just deal with it instead of trying to get a CSR to understand the issue. 

I am not that lucky with the NHL Network and beIN Sports though, I don't have access to their 9000ish (HD) channels or the HD mapdown.

Can anyone offer some input on this? I would try to contact a CSR, but I've never had much luck with them when it comes to anything beyond a simple task. Perhaps a DIRT member could help me.

Thanks,

SteeloC15

#5 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

That makes no sense whatsoever... Why do I get Fox Soccer, NFL Network, NBA TV, and The Big 10 Network all in HD? I only have access to all of those channels because I have the MSP...

Seems incredibly inconsistant... so inconsistant that I have a hard time believing that it is set-up this way on purpose and not an oversight on Dish's part.

Isn't the point of having HD service on my account so that I have access to the HD broadcast of all the channels that I subscribe to when available? I subscribe to NHL Network and beIN Sports... I have HD service... I really feel like I should be getting those channels in HD since they are available.

There is no other channel that I subscribe to that I don't get in HD since I have HD service on my account. (as long as Dish carries it in HD of course.) Are NHL Network and beIN Sports really the only exception to this? Again, I find it hard to believe that is truly the way it was meant to be and not a mistake, or oversight, on Dish's part.

Surely you follow my logic. Can you check into this more for me? 

#6 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

I hope that last post did not sound snarky, or hostile in any way. I really didn't mean it like that, but after reading it back I can see how it would come off that way.

I honestly was just trying to explain the logic of why I think there may be a problem that I hope could be resolved if checked into.

Edited by Steeloc15, 15 May 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,509 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

It doesn't make sense but sometimes DISH does things in a way that doesn't make sense. In this case it appears that they have put the HD feeds in the higher AT packages and are only including the SD feeds in the multi-sport package.

It appears you are subscribing to AT120+ and MultiSport? If anyone else is subscribing at that level and they are getting the HD feed of NHL or beIN it would be interesting to know. Otherwise logical or not we'll have to accept that Ray has the right information. (And I'll agree to your complaint that the HD feeds should be included in MultiSport.)

Ray C@DISH Network, on 15 May 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:
The NHL HD (157) feed is available with the AT 200 and 250 programming packages. beIN Sport (392) is available with AT 250 programming package. The Multisports package only provides the SD feeds for these channels. Thanks.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm not saying that Ray is wrong or has incorrect information. I'm sure that the HD feeds of those two channels is not authorized to people with the MSP pack, but I am questioning if that was done intentionally by Dish. Would you really be surprised if Dish messed this up? Dish makes all kinds of mistakes when it comes to sports programming and this could be just another example of it.

I am simply asking that the issue be investigated further, and sent up the chain to make sure it is not a mistake or oversight. Like I said before, I get the HD feed of every other channel that I subscribe to except these two, that alone makes me wonder if it was intentional. 

#9 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Are the other channels you list that you do get in HD with the sports pack, (Fox Soccer, NFL Network, NBA TV, and The Big 10 Network)  available in the packages in HD without the sports pack? 

#10 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

You are such a great person.  Facts are facts, they are mostly downgrading to the very bottom and that's no joke.   :righton:

WTF?

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#11 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

WTF?

Is this site a free speech site?????? :nono2:

#12 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Is this site a free speech site?????? :nono2:

No.  While we mostly allow free discussion, there is no guarantee of free speech on any forum like this.  It simply doesn't apply.

That said...  your most recent post was questioned because it made zero sense in the context of the thread nor did it seem to be a reply to what you quoted.  Please explain.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#13 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

I admit, I don't get the reply to my question at all. It's a question with a factual answer, they are or they aren't.... It would lead me to an explanation of why you are getting the SD versions. At this point, doesn't really matter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Multi-Sport, Multi-Sport Pack, Multi-Sport Package, HD, high definition

spam firewall