Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad Mac Update doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mfeinstein

mfeinstein

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

I started the Nomad app on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.3 this morning.  The app told me that I needed an upgrade.  I downloaded and installed the latest version of the Nomad app, 1.3.080.  When I run it, I get a message saying "Account validation required.  There is a problem with your DirecTV account..." and directs me to call customer service (which is currently closed).  I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, rebooted my Mac, and still have the problem.  I have no problem using Nomad software on my iPad or PC this morning, so I don't believe that there is any problem with my account.

What can I try to fix this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mfeinstein

mfeinstein

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

Found a solution on the DirecTV Forums.  App needs to be reset by holding down Control, Option, and Command when launching.

http://forums.direct...PageId=10995254

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,153 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

RIght, the trick here is to press CONTROL, OPTION & COMMAND at the same WHILE launching the app. This will reset the Nomad client to defaults.  DirecTV is aware of this and working on a fix.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,915 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

For Mac users: Very seldom does removing an application (apps are for iDevices) do anything. Removing its preferences does, and that's probably exactly what happened with the Cmd-Cntl-Option salute.

Good you found the solution and posted it. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

Most likely that is what it does.  Which makes you wonder why the upgrade doesn't take care of that on install.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,915 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Most likely that is what it does.  Which makes you wonder why the upgrade doesn't take care of that on install.

I'd rather think that'd be very annoying on a regular basis, having your preferences wiped out each time!

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall