Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R15/100 dvr no video from RCA or antenna out connections

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dlf35121

dlf35121

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

my first post to the forum. my proplem is i have a new tv it has hdmi/ rca/ant connections no s-video.we had a lighten storm and it done something to my receiver.s-video and left audeo is the only connections that work on my receiver.i had to buy a s-video to rca connector so i could get video to work but the picture is bad how can i fix this problem with this receiver?i have a old receiver thats the same receiver and i thought i could replace the board can this be done?   thanks for any info on my problem 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,997 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

It looks like your DVR is defective.  Call DirecTV to request a replacement Receiver/DVR.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, or within 90-days of installation.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping.  Or ~$50 to have a tech come replace it for you.  

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Since you state that your TV has HDMI connections it should be an HD TV.
Why not call and see what they will do for you for an upgrade to HD service.
You will probably be surprised at how little they will charge you to come out and change your dish and your receiver to HD.

If you do not want to do that I would call them for a replacement receiver. The replacement would probably be an R-16.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   dlf35121

dlf35121

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

thanks i i own the receiver it's 3or 4 years old i don' want the 2 years lease deal   

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

You couldnt pay me to use an SD device with any decent HDTV...2 year commitment or not.  It ruins the whole viewing experience.

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

I do not have any channels in my favorite list that is not HD. It took about 2 days to cut the SD channels out. Your eyes will thank you for switching.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...