Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ordered an HR44, Got a HR34

hr44 hr34 greensboro mastec

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

DBSTALK can tell me, but Mastec can't?

How will DBSTALK know when the national rollout occurs?

I live in a very rural area.  I rarely see installer trucks.

There are a ton of people on this board who are employees of DirecTV or HSPs. Which is why everyone keeps telling you to check here. And yes, chances are that you will know here before MASTEC will tell you when they will be in their area. As for a number for Mastec in Greensboro, have you tried Google?

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   neelync

neelync

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationReidsville, NC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

I somehow doubt Directv employees will know when Mastec Greensboro has HR44s before Mastec Greensboro knows it.

Thank you, I have tried Google.

I see the market lists, but I also read on here people in unlisted states are receiving HR44s, which makes me doubt the accuracy of the lists.

Do you know if HR34s are still being manufactured?

#23 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,930 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

You never know. I've had multiband employees tell me that they needed to come back with a part that was "in the warehouse" that I knew they didn't have yet. Three visits and three installers telling me that until I got through the bs.

#24 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

I somehow doubt Directv employees will know when Mastec Greensboro has HR44s before Mastec Greensboro knows it.

The people here will know exactly when the national rollout begins.  Until then, Mastec Greensboro won't have HR-44's.  Once the rollout has begun, you can attempt to contact Mastec to see if they have them yet, or if they are still using existing inventory of HR-34's.

#25 OFFLINE   neelync

neelync

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationReidsville, NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Still no one has answered one of my questions.

Is the HR34 still being manufactured?

#26 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Sure they have.  If you click on the link in post 15, you will see Mastec's Greensboro phone number.  None of us know whether the HR-34 is still being manufactured or not.  It probably is being manfactured in small quantities to keep up with demand until the national rollout starts.  But that's an assumption.

#27 OFFLINE   neelync

neelync

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationReidsville, NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Thank you, Bill Broderick.

I will assume the HR34 is still being manufactured and the HR44 will be available in 2014.

And there is no point in calling Mastec.

Edited by neelync, 17 May 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#28 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Most are assuming that the national rollout for the HR-44 will be in June or July 2013.

#29 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,930 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

There is no way it won't be until 2014. And I think there will be a point where the chances of getting a 44 are higher than a 34.

Looks like we were very much right, based on our new info.

#30 OFFLINE   kaminar

kaminar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

You can trust this forum. Excited posters will announce when the national HR44 rollout happens. :) So far, the limited rollout for the HR44 is 6mths earlier than the HR34 rollout..and logically the HR34 should not be going anywhere for a while. The last thing D* needs is a major issue with no backup receiver.

-=K=-

#31 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,883 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thank you, Bill Broderick.

I will assume the HR34 is still being manufactured and the HR44 will be available in 2014.

And there is no point in calling Mastec.

The HR44 just became available on Solidsignal so I suspect they’ll start a national roll out soon if they haven’t already...just a guess on my part though.

Do not assume you’ll get an HR44 just because you asked for one.   One thing I can tell you for sure is that a CSR CAN NOT promise you’ll get a specific model;  only that you’ll get a Genie.  Which one will depend on what the installer is given.  

The only way to ensure you’ll get an HR44 s to get one from a retail outlet and install it yourself. 

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#32 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 623 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

One thing I can tell you for sure is that a CSR CAN NOT promise you’ll get a specific model...

Sure they can.  We hear from people all the time that were promised a particular model by CSRs.   What the CSRs can't do is deliver on the promise ...

DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#33 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,749 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Sure they can.  We hear from people all the time that were promised a particular model by CSRs.   What the CSRs can't do is deliver on the promise ...

Very true :righton:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#34 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,883 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

No.  They can't.  If they do they are improperly trained, misinformed, or possibly lying.

Regardless of what they say on the phone, the fact is a CSR isn't allowed to promise a particular model.  The HR2x are considered interchangeable and so are the Genies.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#35 OFFLINE   anopro

anopro

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

I so like being a late adopter, just received my 1st smart phone and man it works great and it was free SAM Gal S3. I'll wait till DTV lets me have an HR 44 for free and I will bet it will work perfectly when I finally do get one.

HR20-700
HR21-700

#36 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,749 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

I so like being a late adopter, just received my 1st smart phone and man it works great and it was free SAM Gal S3. I'll wait till DTV lets me have an HR 44 for free and I will bet it will work perfectly when I finally do get one.

so you will get the HR44 when everybody else (most of) have the HR64… !rolling

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#37 OFFLINE   taoseno

taoseno

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I got my HR34 swapped out to a HR44 last Monday out of the Albuquerque, NM office.................warranty issue. But he only had one on his truck; said they just got them last week!

Todd
Taos, NM USA

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic TC-P42ST30
Panasonic TH-PX4280U
DTV HR44-500
DTV HR24-500 w/ 2TB ext drive
DTV HR20-100
DTV H24-700 mobile unit

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hr44, hr34, greensboro, mastec

Protected By... spam firewall...And...