Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Freeview: HD Extra Pack (now thru 5-22-13)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

just discovered that they have turned this on:

Crime & Investigation HD, Hallmark Movie Channel, HDNet Movies, MGM HD, Palladia HD, Sony Movie Channel HD, Smithsonian HD, Universal HD, and ShortsHD.

Edited by the future is now, 15 May 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010, 2012 and 2014 World Champions San Francisco Giants

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 579 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Every time I see a free period for this I look to see if there is anything worth watching.  For the most part, I never find anything.  A few more channels that are playing ancient junk - what a thrill (NOT)!  Sometimes I find something interesting on Smithsonian but never enough to warrant paying for this package (or even playing the games of getting it free perpetually).  Given the number of free views, and apparent ease of getting it free just about any time, they should just get rid of the package and put the channels into the normal tiers.

#3 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

i agree with what you are saying. i have almost filled up my Genie but most of this stuff is throw away stuff.

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010, 2012 and 2014 World Champions San Francisco Giants

Protected By... spam firewall...And...