Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

922 skips recording once every couple weeks

922 timer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   delawaredave

delawaredave

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I have had the 922 for about 6 month. Also have a 722 and had a 622. Have had the three receivers all set to tape local news each night at 6pm with 3 event max. Currently, the 922 is the one I have set and watch the news each night. At least once every 2-4 weeks it will skip taping the news for no known reason. Never had a problem with the 622 or 722 when they were set up similiarly. The fix is a reboot.

I got the 922 even though I knew there were known  issues. Dish talked me into getting it because they had improved all the problems and I wanted the sling. Am I stuck with this crap receiver or do you think I can tak them into a hopper at no cost to replace the problemmatic 922? I am under contract for another 1.5 years so Im guessing Im stuck? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

I haven't seen this problem on my 922.  What kind of timer do you have set for the news?

I find the most reliable timers to be ones set for daily/weekly rather than "new" or other options.  I set lots of "m-f" or "weekly" timers for recurring things and haven't missed a recording in a long time.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   delawaredave

delawaredave

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

I do have it set for New. When this problem does arrive, it is only for the default TV2 recording, and it is for all recordings on TV2 until I do the reset.  2nd shows that were sceduled at the same time, which then tape on TV1, did record.

I will try and set the news for weekly but something tells me that wont fix the issue. Thanks!

spam firewall