Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Office finale, Cut Short

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

I was watching the finale of The Office just now on my HR34 and it says that is recorded all 1hr 15min, but right after the hour mark, the recording stops and I get the message if I want to delete the show or now.

What happened to the last 15 minutes that it was supposed to record?

Did anyone else has this?  

• yosoyellobo likes this

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   sstv

sstv

Legend

• Registered
  • 226 posts
  • LocationDALLAS TX

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

Hi All

I got the whole show but had many picture breakups with lots of shudder and bad audio.

Clear weather with signal in the 90's

6be software.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

Recorded it both SAT and OTA here in NY. Haven't watched yet, but I just skipped to the end of both recordings to check. I found the beginning of Hannibal both times, so I assume I've got it all. :up:

/steve

#4 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

All other shows recorded just fine.  

Weird.

#5 OFFLINE   JimKlingon

JimKlingon

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

This exact same thing happened to me -- DirectTV HR34, and it cut off with over 10 minutes left.  The weird thing is that the bar indicating the length of the program was for the full 1:15, and it 'stopped' about 9 minutes short (marker near the end).  This was a big WTF moment in our house, and of course I had to scramble to find the remaining 10 minutes.  Besides that and my remote unit ALWAYS skipping to the end when using the 30s skip button, this setup is getting annoying.

#6 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

It was easy to find the rest.  Thank goodness from the Internet.

I was thinking of the same thing, but mine remarks was POC!!!

#7 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

This exact same thing happened to me -- DirectTV HR34, and it cut off with over 10 minutes left.  The weird thing is that the bar indicating the length of the program was for the full 1:15, and it 'stopped' about 9 minutes short (marker near the end).  This was a big WTF moment in our house, and of course I had to scramble to find the remaining 10 minutes.  Besides that and my remote unit ALWAYS skipping to the end when using the 30s skip button, this setup is getting annoying.

Same thing happened several weeks ago - believe it was Celebrity Apprentice - cut off the last 30 minutes but indicated it had recorded the entire 2 hours. Keep or Delete popped up at 1:30 multiple times. Even after reboot. Luckily I caught it about 90 minutes after the fact and recorded a West Coast feed from Seattle 3 hours later.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...