Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Not sure about making the commitment

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   markfp

markfp

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

I live in New York State and while it does have a 3-day cancellation law, it only applies to sales made by a salesperson who comes to somebody's home.It does not apply to sales made in the company's place of business, phone or internet or mail. I guess the idea was to prevent crooked door-to-door salespersons from  taking advantage of senior citizens by signing them up for $20,000 worth of siding  or a 100 year magazine subscription. It would not apply to DirecTV unless a salesperson actually came to your home.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,729 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree. And not only lie to but misinformation from an agent. I can do one correction but no more. I can't even credit as the credit tab does not appear nor can get around it as the bill to the account is not an option on new customers. There is no way around it. Ditto

This is where retention comes into place…

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#23 OFFLINE   n3vino

n3vino

Godfather

• Registered
  • 365 posts
  • LocationLeon Valley(San Antonio), Texas

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Its just like how you can not find out you have a 14 day period to do a new customer order correction on 1 reciever without being charged without calling in. Go figure.

I got lucky on this one.  When I first got installed, I got one non HD receiver because at that time, I could only get one HDRV, and one HD receiver for free.  So I got an HR24, H25, and one non HD, all free.  But right after I got installed, D* began offering up to three HD receivers free.  So since I had whole home, I called to see if I could exchange the nonHD for an HD at no cost.  The CSR said that I had just beat the 14 day cut off, so yes I could get it replaced at no cost.  They sent an H25 and a tech to install it at no cost. 

1 HDR 34

1 HDR 24-500
2 HD 25's
Slimline Dish 3LNB
Whole Home DVR

Epa, Epa, Andale, Andale, Arriba, Arriba, Eeeha

#24 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

This is where retention comes into place…

I am retention :). Retention does not have equipment credit offers on brand new customers, the credit tab is missing. No agent or basically anybody in the call centers does including supervisors. We could ask the customer to pay up front using their card then we will issue a credit on their account but most customers are reluctant to do so- however that is the only way if their equipment order was incorrect on multiple recievers. That is why I think they should have it where you are allowed more than one reciever correction within the 14 day window to help achieve new customer to loyal customer transition.

I got lucky on this one. When I first got installed, I got one non HD receiver because at that time, I could only get one HDRV, and one HD receiver for free. So I got an HR24, H25, and one non HD, all free. But right after I got installed, D* began offering up to three HD receivers free. So since I had whole home, I called to see if I could exchange the nonHD for an HD at no cost. The CSR said that I had just beat the 14 day cut off, so yes I could get it replaced at no cost. They sent an H25 and a tech to install it at no cost.

Niiiiiice! You got real lucky as the 14 day period is really for order correction if DirecTV messed up on their end- not if you signed up before they were doing an offer. Lol I'm like you i would have took it and ran! :)

Edited by Volatility, 20 May 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

I am retention :). Retention does not have equipment credit offers on brand new customers, the credit tab is missing. No agent or basically anybody in the call centers does including supervisors. We could ask the customer to pay up front using their card then we will issue a credit on their account but most customers are reluctant to do so- 

so can you  or can you not..????

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#26 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

so can you  or can you not..????

I meant in the ordering system we have, but we can ask new customers to pay for it upfront using a card and credit the charges back onto their account if the have more than one equipment correction to do :)

#27 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

I meant in the ordering system we have, but we can ask new customers to pay for it upfront using a card and credit the charges back onto their account if the have more than one equipment correction to do :)

So you can give credits…..man that is confusing….

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...