Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L800

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

I have a 722K and no one is mentioning about this update, L800.  DISH told me that is the latest one.  Anything on this??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

For many years (first on e* site, then on dishportal) the current versions been published and everyone could check ... now it's big secret :eek2: for nothing
  • RG6-Q likes this

#3 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

For many years (first on e* site, then on dishportal) the current versions been published and everyone could check ... now it's big secret :eek2: for nothing

I have not seen anyone mention L800 from L759.  Big jump but why.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

you are new member here ... we explained the "phenomena": version number is unique for all models (actually for one suffix, "L" here), not just for one; so the "jump" is in numbers not in FW development/bug squashing :(

#5 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

So you are saying that just because it jumped from L759 to L800 does not address bugs/fixes in a massive way.  The reason I asked is because I don't remember such a jump.  I am a new member here but not with E*.  I have been a customer longer than 95% of the members on this forum.  

Smith, what is FW development???? Thanks.

you are new member here ... we explained the "phenomena": version number is unique for all models (actually for one suffix, "L" here), not just for one; so the "jump" is in numbers not in FW development/bug squashing 

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

95% ? hehe ... just tell me that year when you get first dish box, what was the model ? what SW version was on it that time?

FW is a software burned into flash ROM ie fixed content, producing by SW/FW Dept in each sat company or affiliates (like DTV doing outsourcing to Pace, LG, etc)

about numbers: look around and you'll find some of "L5xx" already assigned to other models or reserved for future releases FW of other models

#7 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

95%, I would think so.  When I subbed to E* there were only 100,000 subs in mid 1996 and I believe the model was the 4000 and only E-1 was the story of the day.  I would sit on the showroom playing with it hoping the dealer would not mind.  After a few weeks, I went in and told him, lets do it.  

It was such a pleasure to go and cut the CATV and have wireless signal beamed to my home without all the wiring from the CATV to my TV, which was horrible.

As far as SW upgrades, you are the man.  By the way I don't know what SW version was then.  I did not know there was such a thing at that time.

95% ? hehe ... just tell me that year when you get first dish box, what was the model ? what SW version was on it that time?

FW is a software burned into flash ROM ie fixed content, producing by SW/FW Dept in each sat company or affiliates (like DTV doing outsourcing to Pace, LG, etc)

about numbers: look around and you'll find some of "L5xx" already assigned to other models or reserved for future releases FW of other models

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Found it's spooling from 119W tp19:

PID=0858h
 DownloadID:6DRC
 Upgrading parts of new FW with filters:
 L800:'CVA1'-'CVE1','L040'-'L799'