Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Sunday Ticket/Madden 25th Anniversary Amazon Combo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Turns out this is a pretty good deal after all, if you are interested in the mobile (tablet/pc) version of Sunday Ticket.

So while this is being geared towards new subscribers, it's still good even for current Directv subscribers who DON'T already have a subscription to Sunday Ticket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Purchase MADDEN NFL 25th Anniversary Edition (limited to 50,000 copies) for Xbox 360/PS3 ($99) and you will get:

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

• For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  • For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  • For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_p=1557342642

If you are a DIRECTV subscriber, but don't receive Sunday Ticket, you will be able to access NFL Sunday Ticket via mobile, tablet and computer by entering a special code included on the back of the insert in the box that will give you access to a 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices. This offer does not include access to the games through TV or console.

http://www.easports....versary-edition

Edited by DMRI2006, 19 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,165 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

i am a current sunday ticket max subscriber. how does this benefit me?

#3 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

i am a current sunday ticket max subscriber. how does this benefit me?

I think that's the big question -- because it doesn't the way it's worded...even though it reads like they're giving you a benefit!

Also if you have Directv but don't have ST. Hopefully they will clarify

#4 OFFLINE   HearsMusic

HearsMusic

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Also if you have Directv but don't have ST. Hopefully they will clarify

Just came to ask this exact same question. It is worded so badly! Would like to jump on this if it means I get ST mobile (does that include the PS3?) without having go through the usual ordeal.

#5 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Someone just asked an ESPN writer on Twitter, who wrote an article on the deal, and he says if you have DirecTV but not ST, it's good for the mobile ST subscription for the season. This is also in his article:

http://espn.go.com/b...l-sunday-ticket

Only 50,000 of these are supposed to be available as well btw

Obviously we need more clarification. If it's a case of getting the mobile ST along with the game, that's certainly a decent deal for $100.

Might to pre-order just in case. You can always cancel at any time before it ships.

Edited by DMRI2006, 17 May 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#6 ONLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,165 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Someone just asked an ESPN writer on Twitter, who wrote an article on the deal, and he says if you have DirecTV but not ST, it's good for the mobile ST subscription for the season. This is also in his article:

http://espn.go.com/b...l-sunday-ticket

Only 50,000 of these are supposed to be available as well btw

Obviously we need more clarification. If it's a case of getting the mobile ST along with the game, that's certainly a decent deal for $100.

Might to pre-order just in case. You can always cancel at any time before it ships.

according to that article, there is no incentive for me since i already have sunday ticket max!

#7 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

This is really dumb, you already get Sunday Ticket Max as a new subscriber so there is $300 in benefits right down the drain and $10 off your package for 12 months, unless this is an edition to the new customer deals you normally get is actually a lousy discount, the ultimate packs which I never use anyway. This supposed deal is not such a deal. Maybe if they put in some classic versions of Madden it would be more worth it, they aren't even making a special tin, they're just splashing anniversary edition on the same box.

Edited by captaink5217, 19 May 2013 - 09:45 AM.

Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#8 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

It is a decent deal if you're a current Directv subscriber and DON'T get Sunday Ticket. The code will work for the mobile version, so it's good for that at least...I'd pay $40 for ST on my tablet (which is basically what this is since the game retails for $60)

If you are a DIRECTV subscriber, but don't receive Sunday Ticket you will be able to access NFL Sunday Ticket via mobile, tablet and computer by entering a special code included on the back of the insert in the box that will give you access to a 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices. This offer does not include access to the games through TV or console.

http://www.easports....versary-edition

Edited by DMRI2006, 19 May 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Just came to ask this exact same question. It is worded so badly! Would like to jump on this if it means I get ST mobile (does that include the PS3?) without having go through the usual ordeal.

I updated the first post, because they've clarified it. It IS good for ST mobile (pc, phones, tablets) for current Directv subscribers without a ST subscription. That excludes consoles, however.

Edited by DMRI2006, 19 May 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

What if I cancel my ST subscription now and then try to use the code later on, closer to the start of the season?
HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

Protected By... spam firewall...And...