Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ABC: Unaired episodes of Apt 23 On-line

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Don’t Trust the B—- may be cancelled, but there’s never-before-seen episodes that are now available online. ABC has put eight unaired episodes onto ABC.com.

One of the epiosdes, which was originally planned to run as the show’s second season finale before ABC axed the comedy, is a flashback episode chronicling Chloe’s bitch-origin story.

http://insidetv.ew.c...t-the-b-online/

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Sweet!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Sweet!

Hmmm. That calculated reaction was hip for about a week in 1998 among 12-year olds. Please let it die its natural death. It's not 1998, and you are not 12, and you are better than that.

But Please.....

Was that really the best move you could come up with, ABC? The internet? Really? Where is the up side in doing that? There is absolutely no way anyone makes money on that, other than the ISPs who will give viewers an overage charge if that makes them exceed their bandwidth. So, there is no up side, unless you are Verizon.

But there is a definite down side (other than the fact that I am too lazy to download them but also too lazy to delete the SL, meaning I would probably watch them but ONLY if they were broadcast). And the down side is that the internet is the mortal enemy of broadcast TV, and eventually will kill it and ABC dead, or at least banish it whimpering in pain into obscurity. And ABC decides its a good idea to speed up that process by coaxing diehard fans to buy into that concept? That is sheer insanity. While you're at it why don't you get in your wayback machine and go tell the Germans that the landing point for D-Day will be Normandy.

Idiots. There is a way to embrace new delivery concepts, but giving stuff away free and getting people used to the idea of being a cord cutter is not really a good one, at least not for the TV industry. The record industry is already dead, but did Sony or EMI ever say "well, we really can't seem to sell very many of these obscure indie records, so lets just go paste these same tracks up on the internet for everyone to have for free"? Of course they didn't. Instead, they muscled the RIAA goons into terrorizing anyone who downloaded from pirate sites by litigating them into the poorhouse. Families who let their kids download music pre iTunes are probably just now finally emerging from bankruptcy if they were unlucky enough to be one of their "examples".

How many eps are there left, anyway. 7? 8? Just burn them off in a couple of 2-hour blocks on the two Saturdays on either side of the fourth of July, when it is difficult to even buy viewers. The diehards will DVR them or watch them, and you'll probably have a bigger audience than you will with a DWTS rerun anyway.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Oh, I forgot...there probably aren't enough Saturdays left this summer for ABC to burn off all of their dead shows.

Edited by TomCat, 22 May 2013 - 08:04 PM.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,449 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

I made most of that same argument on another forum...  I don't understand when this happens.  I get why shows are cancelled... but when you already have completed shows... air them... sell them on DVD or Blu-ray... don't banish them to limbo.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#5 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, why torture us into trying to watch the shows on our iPads plugged into our TVs?? At least make them available on Amazon Prime or Netflix so we can use Roku or something. Who besides business travelers wants to watch a TV show on a frickin computer??

Great show, though. Most clever and sexiest sitcom ever.

#6 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

If you have an AppleTV you can use airplay from your iPad to watch it on your TV. 

Has anyone checked Hulu or are they just on ABC's site?  I haven't had the time yet.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

No Apple TV so iPad-to-TV won't work without it? What about laptop to TV? I have a mini-HDMI out from my laptop.

#8 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

What about laptop to TV? I have a mini-HDMI out from my laptop.

That would work

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall