Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

WHDH Channel 7 (Boston) Signal Strength

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   davidmartinez2001

davidmartinez2001

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDracut,MA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hello All,

I recently left D* and installed an outdoor antenna with a TIVO and Roku in the mix. Everything has been

good the last few weeks. I noticed that the signal strength from WHDH Channel 7.1 has been getting 

worse, when I started with this antenna that channel regularly peaked at 83 to 84, while Channel 4.1, 5.1

and 25.1 all were and still are this morning peaking at 100. This morning channel 7.1 peaked at 63 and

the signal is choppy.

Two questions.

1. Is there something I can do? (The antenna could go higher on the side of the house)

2. Is there something going on (maintenance  or otherwise) at the channel 7 site?

Antenna: RCA ANT800 (includes amplifier)

Side of house facing towers

Antenna could go 10 to 12 feet higher on that side of the house

Antenna is parallel to the side of the house

Best Regards,

David

Edited by davidmartinez2001, 18 May 2013 - 09:05 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Additional height might help.

Using an approximation of your location  - at 10 ft AGL 7.1 is 1 edge while all others are LOS.

At 25 ft AGL all are line of sight.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   davidmartinez2001

davidmartinez2001

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDracut,MA

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Antenna Web suggested facing 169 to 171 degrees which I am doing (approximately), the height would be key, if

I can get it to the top of the house that would give it decent height topping at about 25-27 feet.

Thank you for your thoughts,

David

Protected By... spam firewall...And...