Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem With 622 Locking Up

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Don M

Don M

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

One of my 622s has developed a new problem. It turns on ok and gets a signal. When I go to the menu and press #4 multimedia to transfer movies from the internal hard drive to the external hard drive, the unit locks up. After a minute or two the video goes black and the unit turns off. A power plug reset will get the unit back up and running, but the unit still locks up on menu item 4. Neither the remote nor the buttons on the front of the 622 will work. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Have you removed and re-connected the EHD while the unit is running (requires another reboot)?

Have you spoken with Dish Tech Support or the DIRT team?

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   Don M

Don M

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

I have not tried removing and re-connecting the ext hard drive. I will give that a try. I did talk to tech support on the phone and they are sending me a replacement 622. I would like to get the current unit working at least long enough to transfer some movies to the ext hard drive. Thanks for the suggestion.

Another of my 622s had sound but no picture. A power cord reset corrected that problem.

#4 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Don M is the receiver plugged directly into the wall? How long has this issue been happening? Do you notice the receiver cutting off when you try other functions?

Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   Don M

Don M

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

My replacement 622 arrived today. Before I hooked it up I thought I would give the original 622 one more try. I turned it on and I was able to access the menu andgo to the multi media choice. This time instead of locking up, I got a mesage that the ext hard drive needed to be reformatted. I didn't want to lose all the movies I had stored there, so I unplugged the power from the ext hard drive and plugged it back in. Now all I get is a message saying I have plugged in a device not supported by DISH. The ext hard drive is a 1TB Western Digitalthat has worked on the 622 for some time. I use the same brand of ext hard drives on all of my 622s. I called Tech Support and was told to hook up the replacement 622 and that shouldcorrect the problem. It failed to do so. Any ideas on how I can save the data on this hard drive, or am I just out of luck?

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

search and find old posts by a keyword "DishArc"

#7 OFFLINE   Don M

Don M

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

search and find old posts by a keyword "DishArc"

All I can find using "DishArc" is your post here. Can you provide any other info? Thanks.

#8 OFFLINE   Don M

Don M

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Don M is the receiver plugged directly into the wall? How long has this issue been happening? Do you notice the receiver cutting off when you try other functions?

Thanks

I first noticed the problem on Saturday, 5-18. The receiver as are all my other 622s are hooked up to APC power conditoining units with bsattery backup. The receiver did alright on everything but the menu. I could change channels, check the guide, use pip to change between tuners ( I use it in single mode). As I noted in my post #5 the problem had cleared up by the time I received my replacement receiver, but now the 622 won't recognize the ext hard drive.

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

should be much more sources ... someone posted step-by-step how-to copy the folder from one drive to other

Edited by P Smith, 23 May 2013 - 09:06 AM.

spam firewall