Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Madden 25 Anniversary Edition includes NFL Sunday Ticket, exclusive to Amazon

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Madden 25 Anniversary Edition includes NFL Sunday Ticket, exclusive to Amazon

Excerpt:

"Virtual football enthusiasts excited for Madden 25 (it's technically Madden 2014 marking 25 years of the franchise) may want to head over to Amazon if they're serious about watching actual NFL games. The online retailer has an exclusive Anniversary Edition of the game up for pre-order, which comes bundled with a 17-week pass for both Madden Ultimate Team cards and computer and mobile access to NFL Sunday Ticket. On top of getting all the 2013 regular season's out-of-market matches, DirecTV subscribers can also snag a $10-a-month discount on the TV version (normally $225) for one year with a pro bono MAX upgrade."

Joystiq

Amazon Deal

Full Story Here

screens-1368898320.jpg

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,264 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Looking at the offer at Amazon though, it looks like the $10/month discount and free Sunday Ticket Max is available as a promo code if you are a new customer signing up for DirecTV.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • News Hound
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Details: (From Amazon)

"Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

With Madden NFL 25, unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ball-carrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier in Madden NFL 25."

Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,986 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Details: (From Amazon)

"Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

With Madden NFL 25, unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ball-carrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier in Madden NFL 25."

So then it does looks like is for new subs only

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • News Hound
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

If it's for new subs only it doesn't make any sense.  They get ST anyway, don't they?

The way I read it, the $10 off per month is for new subs, and everyone gets ST.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,986 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

This is NOT for the regular ST, but for the ST MAX upgrade, which I don't think new subs gets.  and there is another caveat, there are only 100,000 copies up for grabs.

" DirecTV subscribers can also snag a $10-a-month discount on the TV version (normally $225) for one year with a pro bono MAX upgrade. Joystiq notes that only 100,000 copies are up for grabs, split evenly between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions

"

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

More info link after the discount blurb says:

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

1. For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  2. For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  3. For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

So, existing subs get max free (or at least mobile, not sure what the dif will be this year), new subs get max and $10 per month for a year, and non-subs get what looks like max, without subscribing

And it's an extra $40 over the regular price of the game. So, if it's a full free Max, it's a $60 dollar savings. Not bad, but not exactly life altering. If you were going to order Max anway (I personally was not) I'd say it's worth trying to get a copy. I wonder how well this sells out.

Edited by ProfLonghair, 19 May 2013 - 11:35 AM.

:pinkie:

#8 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

I posted this a few days ago on the programming board (maybe these threads can be combined) --

http://www.dbstalk.c...y-amazon-combo/

It's definitely good for the ST mobile for Directv subs who don't already have ST, so it's not a bad deal in that regard:

If you are a DIRECTV subscriber, but don't receive Sunday Ticket, you will be able to access NFL Sunday Ticket via mobile, tablet and computer by entering a special code included on the back of the insert in the box that will give you access to a 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices. This offer does not include access to the games through TV or console.

http://www.easports....versary-edition

#9 OFFLINE   njfoses

njfoses

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

There has been a lot of chatter about this deal and the details are a bit vague.  Here are some questions and answers from ea's marketing director.  So it only provides existing customers with mobile access the way im reading it.

Q: Will the Sunday Ticket offer work if I live in Mexico? Can I stream it on PS3 or 360?
A: offer is for pc, mobile, and tablet. Not console.You need US IP to access.

Q: So.. if I buy the 'Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition' I'll get NFL Sunday Ticket on my mobile devices? I'm sold.
A: with this offer you don't need to be a directv subscriber. You can access Sunday Ticket digitally.

Q: but my understanding is, and I could be wrong, you DO have to subscribe IF it is available in your area
A: I understand the confusion, but there is a unique code in EVERY box. You will def get access.

Joined The Directv Family 9-11-07

au9 Dish
Mrv via deca
HR20
HR24
H24

E-A-G-L-E-S!!

#10 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

So it only provides existing customers with mobile access the way im reading it.

Yes, that's exactly what I posted right above you in the quote from the EA site. It's good for the mobile version.

Edited by DMRI2006, 19 May 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   andjuan

andjuan

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

So does that mean as a current DTV and Sunday Ticket subscriber, I get nothing out of this?  That's pretty lame.

#12 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

So does that mean as a current DTV and Sunday Ticket subscriber, I get nothing out of this?  That's pretty lame.

No, it means, if you pay the extra $40 for the special version, you get free mobile access. Normally you have to pay extra for it. If, like me, you don't need the mobile version, just buy the regular $60 version of the game.

#13 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

But if you already subscribe to Sunday Ticket Max them it offers nothing extra except the ultimate team garbage which I don't use anyway. Why couldn't they put an anniversary edition together that included classic versions of Madden or something like that?

Edited by captaink5217, 20 May 2013 - 11:09 AM.

Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#14 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

But if you already subscribe to Sunday Ticket Max them it offers nothing extra except the ultimate team garbage which I don't use anyway. Why couldn't they put an anniversary edition together that included classic versions of Madden or something like that?

Possibly. To correct my previous posts, which look now like they may be incorrect, it's $75 extra for Max:

http://www.directv.c...questid=1008030

If this gives Max, and not just the internet version, it's a $35 savings, not $60. If it's just internet, and not the full Max, then if you were going to pay for Max, it gains you nothing.

On a related note, $75 for Max is cheaper than usual, but it still is the only way to get RedZone, which displeases me.

#15 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,240 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

My latest come back offfer from DirecTV included 2013 Sunday Ticket free as well as three months of four premium channels.

Really not interested in Sunday Ticket anyway. Still no teams in LA and the prospects looks dim. :down:

Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#16 OFFLINE   spec2

spec2

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

So if you have ST but not Max do you get Max or is this deal just for people who don't subscribe to ST of any kind? The fine print might as well have been written in Klingon.

#17 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 891 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I wish there was more detailed info in regards this offer.  For me I tend to watch Sunday Ticket games on my iPad, my main TV usually has on our local game(s).  If I could just have online access for $40 more over the cost of the game I am in. 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...