Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Iphone 5 streaming video to JVC KW AV-50 car stereo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sidewayz

Sidewayz

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOrange, Tx

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

I dont know if I am posting this in the correct section or not so I will give it a shot and post here:

I have a JVC KW AV-50 in dash dvd player car stereo in my 2006 Dodge Daytona Charger.  When I had my iphone 4S I could hook up to the car stereo using the usb cable adapter for iphone hookup and stream netflix through the car stereo. Not that I was actually doing this while driving. I used my navigation app from my iphone thru the stereo for video and audio turn by turn navigation only.  :engel08: Anyways, when I upgraded to the iphone 5 and got the 30 pin lightening adapter so I could hook up my new iphone and continue using navigation apps.  Problem is the iphone 5 lightening adapter only puts out a digital signal. The old iphones put out an analog signal. Most radios are analog capable not digital therefore nothing works for the video signal.  Apple is claiming they will come up with something in the future but so far nothing.  I have found a few videos that show how to hook up apple tv in my car using fifty million cables and adapters to get it to work. Enough cables etc to fill up my glove box.  Has anyone come up with something else that would work to get my video back? The only thing I have come up with so far is to carry my iphone 4s with me in the car and I bought some sim card adapters and when I need to use the nav app or netflix for long trips then I take the sim card out of the 5 and put it in the 4s and use my apps I want. PITA but only solution so far. Any other suggestions??

:bang Julianna

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

As of now, that's about all you can do. I'm not really sure how Apple intends to fix this as in their eyes there is really nothing to fix. With the iPhone 5 and the Lightning cables, they wanted to go to digital and get away from analog connectors.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   jibu

jibu

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

I too have a JVC KW AV-50 & planning for I phone 5 with an adaptor to connect with KS-U30 Video Cable. From your experience whether navigation will work properly with iphone 5? This is the first IPhone in my life and the only reason to go for Iphone5 is to use the navigation. Waiting for your advice to take a decision.

regards,

jibu

Edited by jibu, 06 July 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

As far as I know, the video will not work as the video cable for the radio is analog and the iPhone 5 does not support analog video out.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

spam firewall