Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dijit unveils NextGuide Web with Facebook-sourced TV recommendations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,487 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

Dijit unveils NextGuide Web with Facebook-sourced TV recommendations

"Dijit Media just launched a closed beta of its browser-based service, NextGuide Web, which expands on the features of the NextGuide iPad app."

"If live TV isn't your thing, NextGuide provides a universal search of Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, and iTunes for your online viewing pleasure. The social aspect of the service -- along with its Facebook integration -- is arguably the most interesting as it makes it easier to discover programs based on recommendations pulled from your friends' activity."

Full Story & Press Release Here

Next>>Guide Personal TV

screen-shot-2013-05-20-at-2.25.44-pm.jpg

Engadget

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

I installed the app and took a look at it. It is kinda neat. I liked how I could input my zip code and then select DirecTV. It then had all the channels available to me, to include my locals. I could then select my own channel list and then narrow it down even more with a list of favorites. If they can work out adding streaming services to the app as well, it will be a knockout. One feature that is neat is that you can select a show and then specify to record it or the series and it will connect you through your DirecTV account to send the record request to your DVR.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

spam firewall