Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Coming Home to DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ChiWavDave

ChiWavDave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Greetings Everybody its been a while.    My UVerse experiment will be officially over on Thursday!   The deal I got from DirecTV to return was too good to pass up.   I'd be happy to rehash it if anybody is interested but basically everything free including sunday ticket, plus they will pay my cancellation fees.  Mega package discounts as well.

Anyway, glad to be back on the forum, glad to be back with DirecTV (soon) and happy to be leaving Uverse.

As far as feedback on the uverse.   

Could never get full bandwidth to the TV.  Either something outside of the house was glitchy (they came out twice to boost the signal) or something in the house was glitchy  (they replaced the "modem")  pretty much most nights of prime time we would get the blue screen of death.

And just a lot of other little looks and feel issues.   I will miss some of the xtra HD (although maybe there have been mucho festivus' in the last 6 months?)

Anyway can't wait to get my Genie! rocking soon.

Dave

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,514 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

In the last 6 months or so, DirecTV has added OWN, Cooking, Bloomberg, H2, Headline News, IFC, Lifetime Movies, TV Land, Investigation Discovery, maybe a few others. At least one more 3rd quarter.

#3 OFFLINE   buzzfish43

buzzfish43

• Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Interested in what you got. I am a satellite virgin prob taking the dive as I move in 4 weeks. What can I expect. Looking for 4tv. Hd DVR not worried bout the movie channels but sports is good.

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,514 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

For hardware, decide what you want in terms of genie, clients, receivers and other DVRs now. Make sure that when everything is installed, you don't wish that you had gotten a Genie, etc.

If you have any questions on your potential setup, start a thread and you will get help.

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Interested in what you got. I am a satellite virgin prob taking the dive as I move in 4 weeks. What can I expect. Looking for 4tv. Hd DVR not worried bout the movie channels but sports is good.

Also, find someone you know that already has DirecTV.

With the referral program, you can each get $10 per month off your bill for 10 months.

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,514 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Just be sure to use the right web address or call the right number :)

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,655 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Just be sure to use the right web address or call the right number :)

easy www.directv.com  and 1-800-531-5000

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   ChiWavDave

ChiWavDave

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Here is exactly the deal I got to come back for those that are interested.   

Free Genie

Free 3 xtra receivers (fee waved for 6 months)

Free Sunday Ticket

Free HD for life with auto pay.

$39/mo extra package for the 1st year

Free movies (HBO, Show etc.) for 3 months

Up to $200 to cover my UVerse Cancel fees

$20 fee for install/activation etc...

Install was yesterday,  it went quick and flawlessly, the entire family noticed right away the difference in HD quality. and we are by no means videophiles or power users.   First thing my wife said to me when we turned it on is how much better it looked than the UVerse.

Glad to be back!

Dave

#9 OFFLINE   Slackjaw747

Slackjaw747

• Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRenton WA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Free Genie

Free Sunday Ticket

Install was yesterday,  it went quick and flawlessly, the entire family noticed right away the difference in HD quality. and we are by no means videophiles or power users.   First thing my wife said to me when we turned it on is how much better it looked than the UVerse.

Glad to be back!

Dave

You forgot "Advanced Receiver Fee"...

#10 OFFLINE   CTJon

CTJon

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm also coming back from UVERSE in mid-June.  I had to move a couple of years ago and have been living in a UVERSE community(big discounts,etc.) and in a location where I had no clear Southern sky. 

Spent the time missing DirecTV and hating UVERSE ( no all features but their picture quality is not as good and DVR terrible).

#11 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Free Genie

Free Sunday Ticket

Hope you got that in writing.  D* does not offer free HD for life to any new customers.  They also do not have the ability to waive the mirroring fees for 6 months.  These offers may be exclusive to an authorized dealer in your area but they are not part of the national offer.  You may want to check on that.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#12 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Free Genie
Free Sunday Ticket

Install was yesterday, it went quick and flawlessly, the entire family noticed right away the difference in HD quality. and we are by no means videophiles or power users. First thing my wife said to me when we turned it on is how much better it looked than the UVerse.

Glad to be back!

Dave

The free HD access for life new customer offer with abp (which was the requirement) is no longer available. The last time that was going on was Dec 8 2011 - Feb 8 2012. None of the sale channels DirecTV uses has free hd access for life either. Seems you may have been mistold on that one.

Hope you got that in writing. D* does not offer free HD for life to any new customers. They also do not have the ability to waive the mirroring fees for 6 months. These offers may be exclusive to an authorized dealer in your area but they are not part of the national offer. You may want to check on that.

I think on that part they may have misunderstood them. Perhaps they meant Free DVR for 6 months or something??

Edited by Volatility, 24 May 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,655 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

The free HD access for life new customer offer with abp (which was the requirement) is no longer available. The last time that was going on was Dec 8 2011 - Feb 8 2012. None of the sale channels DirecTV uses has free hd access for life either. Seems you may have been mistold on that one.

I think on that part they may have misunderstood them. Perhaps they meant Free DVR for 6 months or something??

DirecTV at its best!

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall