Amazingly frustrated. I have been fighting this for about a month now. I got the Hopper installed and it works great for awhile and then starts rebooting itself every 5 minutes. The restart is literally like clockwork.
Here is a synopsis:
- Replaced Hopper unit 4 times now.
- Multiple service guys have come out.
- Ran all new coax throughout the entire house.
- Changed out the satellite dish
- Moved the Hopper to the bedroom so it is on an electrical circuit that has a very low load.
- Used both a hard wired connection into the internet router and a wifi connection.
- Monitored temps on Hopper and remains in norms.
After the last service call where we relocated to a different electrical circuit, it ran fine for 2 weeks. Last night I was setting a show to record, it froze up, reset itself and is now back in the cycle of rebooting. I would really like to keep the Hopper as I travel all the time and the Sling feature is great but I am seriously considering going back to my old DVR that never had this problem. We have tried everything the DISH guy knows to do so we are at our wits end.
Any ideas would be appreciated.