Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie, Version 0x06D8 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,907 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all Genie DVRs, version 0x06D8

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...1-genie-0x06d8/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

• swyman18 likes this
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hopefully this will cure the inability to "Watch Now" that is plaguing my HR34.   I will check tonight.

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#3 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

The only problem I experienced with 0x06D8 was that I had to change the HDMI cable used from HR34 to receiver. Otherwise the picture would go back every few minutes and when picture comes back tv displays the resolution it is has. It seemed like the tv or Pioneer receiver would loose the HDMI handshake. I was having an issue with 0x06BE where I would loose audio periodically and had to do a channel change to restore. Also, for a couple of releases now it claims my tv does not support 480i. The lowest I can pick is 480p

#4 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Says stability issues addressed.... I dont see one difference fixed, or addressed with the issues that have plagued my unit.  I wish DTV would be more explanatory with there verbage "Stability" .This is a very subjective, loose term that could point to so many things that dont really mean a thing in the scope of it all.

Anyways, hopefully the next one.

Edited by Datagg, 23 May 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,909 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

After my new Genie was updated with 0x06BE I've had instability issues with TV Apps. Hopefully when it's updated to 0x06D8 the issue will be resolved.

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#6 OFFLINE   Smooth Jazzer

Smooth Jazzer

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

I got my Ox6be on 5/14. BTW I must be lucky because the only time I had problems was the first week. I had the H34-700for about six weeks. Is the Ox6d8 schedule posted anywhere? Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

1.  My particular HR34 oftentimes still goes into a freeze-frame mode when I activate the FFWD function.  Oftentimes when I go to FFWD speed 4, the picture will freeze and not respond to PLAY.  I have to use Fast Reverse to unfreeze the picture.

2.  My particular HR34 still will not auto-rewind far enough when I go from FFWD to PLAY.  It almost goes back far enough from speed setting 2, but not nearlly far enough from speed setting 3.  My HR23 and HR24 auto rewind from FFWD to PLAY perfectly.  This failure of the HR34 to auto-rewind far enough has been going on for me for over a year, and it seems as if DTV doesn't give a rat's about fixing it.  Hope you don't have this problem. 

#8 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Well, what happend all the time a couple of months ago appears now to be back to raise my blood pressure up again... The pausing of a show, press play and it wont start. Been doing it all day and night...  That was the one major issue I thought was gone. Great job DTV as always... My fault though, as now forward you wont catch me ever assuming you fixed anything again.

Jibber, similair issues here also.. This is the third replacment unit also in less than 5 months.  Dont give a rats *** is the perfect verbage as far as im concerned.

Edited by Datagg, 27 May 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Rollout must be pretty slow, still on the previous NR, even with a manual update.  Sure would like for the unit to stop freezing randomly.

--Larry
2 HR20-100 * 1 HR21-700 * 1 HR20-700 * 1 HR23-700 * 2 H23-xxx
AU9-SL3/WB616 MS/OTA (CM4228+CM7777)

#10 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Rollout must be pretty slow, still on the previous NR, even with a manual update.  Sure would like for the unit to stop freezing randomly.

I hope things get better with you on rollout.. but as far as im concerned you have the lessor of 2 evils.

#11 OFFLINE   rrbhokies

rrbhokies

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Received the update last night.  As of this morning, my HR34 cannot acquire a signal on Tuner 1.  Tuners 2-5 are fine.  I've done multiple red button resets and the problem continues to exist.

HR34 Genie, Two HR24-500's, HR21-100 :
Samsung 55" LED 6150, Samsung 46" LED 6050, Sony 52" Bravia LCD , Sony 40" Bravia LCD, Sony HCD-X1 2.1 Home Theatre, Samsung Blu-Ray DVD Player, Apple TV 3rd generation, Xbox 360, Wii , XM Radio

#12 OFFLINE   strangely

strangely

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

After the update my HR44 stops seeing my HR24 and the stuff in its planner for whole home. I can reboot the HR44 and it'll work for a short while before failing again. The odd thing is that after this happens the HR24 can still see the HR44s planner.

#13 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

My HR34-700 got the 6d8 update yesterday A.M. and the buffer coming out of standby still doesn't work.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the buffer coming out of standby?

A few updates back it worked sometimes but not always.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#14 OFFLINE   Smooth Jazzer

Smooth Jazzer

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

I got the D8 yesterday at 0422 EDT. I will comment further upon review.

#15 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

My HR34-700 got the 6d8 update yesterday A.M. and the buffer coming out of standby still doesn't work.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the buffer coming out of standby?

A few updates back it worked sometimes but not always.

J C

Same here as I mentioed a few posts up.... This is getting beyond ridiculous.

#16 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

A friend with a 34 reported that yesterday his DVR locked up twice. He got this version on Friday. Not sure if this is useful, I asked him to do a report, but he didn't do it until this morning.

20130601-133D

#17 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

The buffering feature doesn't always work. While watching a recorded show and then hitting PREV and going back to the live feed, there is no buffer. The box was set to the channel for quite some time but the buffer is empty. Then all of a sudden, it will start buffering the live feed.

#18 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

About half the time, while entering 3 channel numbers, one of the number entries will be processed twice.

EG: when attempting to enter 634, I'll sometimes get, 6634, or 6334, or 6344.

I have 2 RF remotes in 2 different rooms that control one Genie, and this problem happens on both remotes.

Also, occasionally, after entering 3 channel numbers, the new channel banner will appear, then disappear without the channel actually changing.

#19 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 186 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

This update rolled on to my HR34 a few days ago. It's running better overall but I noticed that smart search no longer has th Far In Advance functionality. This really sucks for me because I use it to search for shows all that time that aren't in my usual 2 week guide window.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#20 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWinter Park, Florida

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

The last two updates have really screwed with my picture quality. The first update that was quickly supplanted with his update, initially seemed to screw with the picture making live sports especially, look like it was a bad video feed with lots of motion artifacts. This update seemed to help somewhat, but I am still seeing poor video quality especially on live sports. The sports do not look live. There appears to be a slight hesitation in the picture. I was watching a movie yesterday on one of the premium channels - can't recall which channel - and in some of the shots, the background would look like it was pulsing. Also, when the ESPN scroller on the bottom of the screen goes by, it's blurry as hell.

Sorry for the lame descriptions, but I am not sure how to describe it. None of this happened before the last 2 updates. I don't know if they messed with the HDMI or if its somehow affecting the harddrive. Watching the same channel thru an HR24 on an identical TV does not exhibit these problems. Maybe these problems are amplified becasue I am watching on a 60" TV. But as I said, none of these problems existed before the last 2 updates. If I could roll back to the prior releases I wold do so in a heartbeat. Hopefully someone is reading these from D* and can get the picture quality back to the top quality I had before.

Update -

Sorry, did not specify I have an HR34 running via HDMI thru my Pioneer AV receiver; My BluRay/PS3 also run via HDMI thru my receiver and I have no issues wiith the picture quality at all.

Thanks.

Edited by gator5000e, 03 June 2013 - 11:30 AM.

GO GATORS!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...