Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie, Version 0x06D8 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   dshafer

dshafer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

I wish I could. The option to setup IR/RF remote is grayed out on the remote option once selected from the settings screen. Is there another way to get to that option?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   sbl

sbl

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Is the "Reset Remote" button disabled too?

Here are the instructions for toggling the remote, but I don't know if this will help you.

To set to IR mode, hold down Mute and Select until light flashes twice. Press 961, channel-up and then press Select.

To set to RF mode, hold down Mute and Select until light flashes twice. Press 961, channel-down and then Enter.

Steve

My Setup

#43 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

My HR44-700 received 0x06DB this morning from 0x06D8.

Edited by samthegam, 11 June 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#44 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

No buffer after watching recorded show

About twice an hour a one second no audio glitch with attendant video frame loss

Horrible response to remote very very slow (nothing new here it has always been slow as is the HR24)

Cannot set 480i or 480p resolutions this is new with D8

Cannot view low def without the picture being stretched which is horrible at best

The HR34 worked best before the downgrade to the supposedly Hi Def Guide. Who cares? Like the poster above, all I want is the info, putting makeup on it thirty inches thick and ruining functionality does no good at all. 

Edited by Jerry_K, 11 June 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#45 OFFLINE   mark_winn

mark_winn

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Starting show out of the playlist automatically goes to the delete now or keep it screen when it is recorded on the HR44 directly b
2 HR24's,1 HR20,2 HR21
2- 46" Samsung LCD,,32" Samsung LCD, 27" Samsung LCD,HDMI Connected to Sammy's
Native On,Slimeline 5LNB, AT&T DSL 6MBPS All HR2X networked enabled Network Enabled, VOD

#46 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 162 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thank you for everybody's suggestions and help. I am still not convinced there isn't an issue with my receiver. Even though the resolution settings are correct, everything, especially sports, looks like it is in a bit of slow motion With a great deal of motion artifact. Everything looks like it's on video, not live. It used to look like I was looking through a pane of glass at a game. Now it looks like I'm watching the off a video.

I just noticed this behavior tonight and made the connection to your post. I've seen it before but I figured it was my eyes playing tricks on me as I've been sick. It's definitely something odd on the receiver that rolled through on one of these recent updates. As it's not football season I can't comment on how it is with sports, but just with some of the programming on DIY I've seen the stuttering and slow motion effect on faster moving scenes. Very odd. I adjusted my 120Hz sync settings on my tv which made it better but it's still not like it was before.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#47 OFFLINE   Smooth Jazzer

Smooth Jazzer

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

I got the Software 0x6db Tuesday Jun 18  2013 @ 0417. If this a repeat where is the new  thread?

Thanks

#48 OFFLINE   LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

I got the Software 0x6db Tuesday Jun 18  2013 @ 0417. If this a repeat where is the new  thread?

Thanks

http://www.dbstalk.c...suesdiscussion/

--Larry
2 HR20-100 * 1 HR21-700 * 1 HR20-700 * 1 HR23-700 * 2 H23-xxx
AU9-SL3/WB616 MS/OTA (CM4228+CM7777)

#49 OFFLINE   greenwave

greenwave

Legend

• Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

Moved to control4 system while I was traveling Wed and came back to a "cabling code 776" error message on my HR34. All channels and DVR appear to work fine, but the error message window persists. Disappears for a minute or so if I change channels and then returns. Checked system info and saw that the software updated early Tues AM, but the issue did not show up until Wed so I am thinking it is install related. Could the control4 equipment somehow confuse the swim into believing I have more connected tuners or something?
DirecTV since 2002?
Slimline DIsh
HR20-700/OTA/Networked
HR10-250

#50 OFFLINE   Smooth Jazzer

Smooth Jazzer

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

I hate to ask this. Is there a way to schedule a show in case you forget to tune it in on time?

Thanks

#51 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,915 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

I hate to ask this. Is there a way to schedule a show in case you forget to tune it in on time?

Thanks

Go to Guide, hit R while highlighting the show you want. It it's already gone, try seeing if it's on VOD, or repeated on the (usually) cable channel that first aired it. Info->More Info-> View upcoming.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall