Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22, Version 0x06D8 -- Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Check your settings to see if Web Videos is set to allow.

Wow, checking for that was way too confusing. I THINK everything is unlocked. No kids here. I don't see the term web videos anywhere anymore (I think I used to see that) but everything is green except Hide Adult, which is red, but sounds like it means show adult, sine it's a double negative. Info > Parental displays the first option as Lock Now, so I should be unlocked.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Wow, checking for that was way too confusing. I THINK everything is unlocked. No kids here. I don't see the term web videos anywhere anymore (I think I used to see that) but everything is green except Hide Adult, which is red, but sounds like it means show adult, sine it's a double negative. Info > Parental displays the first option as Lock Now, so I should be unlocked.

Using your DirecTV remote press Menu. Select Settings & Help, then select Parental Controls. On the left of the page that comes up you will see a list of options. Web Videos will be one of those options. If you don't see it reboot your receiver.

• Laxguy likes this

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#163 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

I did not see Web Videos as an option on the left in Parental Controls, so I rebooted a second time. That brought back YouTube and MyDirectv. Thanks, MysteryMan!

#164 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

I did not see Web Videos as an option on the left in Parental Controls, so I rebooted a second time. That brought back YouTube and MyDirectv. Thanks, MysteryMan!

:righton:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#165 OFFLINE   VABlitz

VABlitz

• Registered
  • 105 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Quite interesting.  I had something record every hour of the night, and my HR21 responded right away to commands.  I may have to start recording programs to keep this thing from going to sleep and being unreponsive.  Although, that will probably kill the HR21 faster, but at least I didn't have to red button reset this morning and when I got home from work. 

Anyone know how long until this thing goes into the sleep state even with the dvr on?  I will only record a program every other hour tonight to see what happens. 

Edited by VABlitz, 19 June 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#166 OFFLINE   Rent_Share

Rent_Share

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Painfully slow since the upgrade 0x6d8 6/5/13

Due to problems with my Toshiba TV / Switched to Component Connection  (before the downgrade)

The Hard Drive is reporting no errors

Direct is replacing the receiver, it's actually and HR20/100 let's see what I get don't have a SWIMM so the 33/44 is out of the question, refuse to commit for two more years

Edited by Rent_Share, 20 June 2013 - 06:56 AM.

Dish Slimline-5 WB68 MRV Enabled (Non Supported) Cat 5
HR20-100 - HR21/100 - HR23-700 - Not Networked DSR708 SD

#167 OFFLINE   AirShark

AirShark

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

I just want to pile on here and say thank you. My HR24 was crazy slow and freezing. I deleted my two "AALL" keyword searches for the San Jose Sharks and my DVR INSTANTLY returned to its snappy self! Thanks for the tip everyone!
  • LiQiCE and dravenstone like this

#168 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,090 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Direct is replacing the receiver, it's actually and HR20/100 let's see what I get don't have a SWIMM so the 33/44 is out of the question, refuse to commit for two more years

Hopefully you will get an HR24. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#169 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

I just want to pile on here and say thank you. My HR24 was crazy slow and freezing. I deleted my two "AALL" keyword searches for the San Jose Sharks and my DVR INSTANTLY returned to its snappy self! Thanks for the tip everyone!

Thanks should go to LiQiCE specifically who discovered the problem that apparently eluded DTV engineers for months.

• dravenstone likes this

#170 OFFLINE   Rent_Share

Rent_Share

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hopefully you will get an HR24. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Nope HR22/100

So far better than the HR20/100

Running 0x5d2, let's see what happens when they roll out the software

I am just happy to get the larger harddrive than the HR21

Edited by Rent_Share, 20 June 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#171 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,090 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

Nope HR22/100

So far better than the HR20/100

Running 0x5d2, let's see what happens when they roll out the software

I am just happy to get the larger harddrive than the HR21

Did it update the software last night / early this morning ?

Hopefully you got a good receiver and it does not give you any trouble.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#172 OFFLINE   Rent_Share

Rent_Share

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Did it update the software last night / early this morning ?

Hopefully you got a good receiver and it does not give you any trouble.

7:45 Last Night, Still Working

#173 OFFLINE   VABlitz

VABlitz

• Registered
  • 105 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well, the hard drive in my HR21 finally died.  Came home to the dreaded blue screen giving me the hard drive failure.  Took me an hour or two to find my esata cables and a hard drive I could use, but thankfully had it up and running before any of my scheduled recordings were supposed to start.  So, time for the HR44 upgrade...probably order around the 1st. 

#174 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

How come this thread has gone pretty much dead?  Are all the HR2Xs working just fine now?  Mine sure isn't.  Still, every time I press RECORD my HR23 and HR24 freeze stone cold for at least 40 seconds.  Is there a new thread for some new software that I'm missing?  I still have 0x6d8.  Thanks!

#175 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

I just got 0x6d8 on my DVRs this week and everything seems to be fine except for all of the "To be announced" listings.

#176 OFFLINE   dravenstone

dravenstone

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

How come this thread has gone pretty much dead?  Are all the HR2Xs working just fine now?  Mine sure isn't.  Still, every time I press RECORD my HR23 and HR24 freeze stone cold for at least 40 seconds.  Is there a new thread for some new software that I'm missing?  I still have 0x6d8.  Thanks!

I think most of us (at least the ones that were vocal) had our issues fixed unilaterally with the removal of the AALL type keyword searches. Back to running as it should ever since, so not much to report.

If you have AALL keyword searches set, remove them and you will be back to good. If you don't, likely a different ghost in the machine that requires further investigation.

#177 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

I think most of us (at least the ones that were vocal) had our issues fixed unilaterally with the removal of the AALL type keyword searches. Back to running as it should ever since, so not much to report.

If you have AALL keyword searches set, remove them and you will be back to good. If you don't, likely a different ghost in the machine that requires further investigation.

I guess I got two ghosts then.  Both my HR23 and HR24 have the same RECORD/FREEZE problem.  I don't have any AALL keyword searches, and in fact, I took all of the regular search keywords out of my HR23 to no avail.  Both receivers went bad exactly contiquous with the 0x066d download (on different days), and neither has been cured with any of the subsequent downloads.  A DTV engineering liason person has been to my house 3 times and checked everything.  He says it's the software.  I believe him because after my HR24 went bad with 0x066d, I forced a download to possibly fix what a DTV tech said might be a bad download, and lo and behold, the HR24 downloaded the old 0x062c.  Then the machine worked perfectly again, that is until 0x066d came back.  Oh for 0x062c again.  Thanks!

#178 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,671 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Jibberyer...

Have you tried just doing a restart, and as soon as it gets fully booted back up, doing another, to completely wipe all guide data and then give it a couple days and see how its behavior is then?

#179 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

Jibberyer...

Have you tried just doing a restart, and as soon as it gets fully booted back up, doing another, to completely wipe all guide data and then give it a couple days and see how its behavior is then?

Yes, but I'll do it again.  Thanks.

#180 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Agree with dravenstone - I think most of us have been working with the removal of any keyword auto-records.  I am not happy with the work around, but at least it makes TV watchable again.  I am hoping a new software update fixes the problem.

If you're still having issues - I'm not sure what they could be related to.  I agree with you it is probably a software issue.  Do you have any other receivers in your house that are working fine?  Just for fun - you might want to try swapping their locations to see if that helps.

Owned: HR44-700, HR24-500

Leased: HR24-100

spam firewall