Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44-500 for 3D channels with Panasonic PTAE8000U projector

3D projector HR44

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   css181

css181

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

I recently just upgraded to a  HR44-500 Genie which is supposed to be 3D capable.  I also have a new Panasonic PT-AE8000U 3D projector that I hooked it up to.  However, when I go to any of the 3D channels like n3D or ESPN3D, I get a message saying my hardware is not compatible, but it should be.

Note: I do typically have a receiver in between, but I even tried hooking the Genie directly to the projector, and I got the same message.

I checked the "official approved" 3D TVs list from DirecTV, and obviously the projector wasn't listed, but I have to believe that list is way out of date with all the new 3D TVs/projectors that have come out in the last year or two.

Does anyone know if there's any way I can get the 3D channels to work on my Panasonic projector?  What do I need to do?

Thanks for the help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

I've read another thread somewhere (sorry cant recall where),But i think there should be a place in the directv menu where you can change something for the type of 3D you need ,(I've never had a 3D HDTV or 3D projector though so i dont know much about 3D.) But i think it has something to do with interlacing the 3d signal?you might just have to change a setting in your hr44 or the projector to get it working! Hang in there i'm sure someone here who has 3D will be able to help you.

Edited by celticpride, 22 May 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 817 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

I recently just upgraded to a  HR44-500 Genie which is supposed to be 3D capable.  I also have a new Panasonic PT-AE8000U 3D projector that I hooked it up to.  However, when I go to any of the 3D channels like n3D or ESPN3D, I get a message saying my hardware is not compatible, but it should be.

Note: I do typically have a receiver in between, but I even tried hooking the Genie directly to the projector, and I got the same message.

I checked the "official approved" 3D TVs list from DirecTV, and obviously the projector wasn't listed, but I have to believe that list is way out of date with all the new 3D TVs/projectors that have come out in the last year or two.

Does anyone know if there's any way I can get the 3D channels to work on my Panasonic projector?  What do I need to do?

Thanks for the help!

This is a fix for the Side By Side issue that sometimes crops up, and may help you. 

http://www.dbstalk.c...r-34-lg-lcd-tv/

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,425 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

I've read another thread somewhere (sorry cant recall where),But i think there should be a place in the directv menu where you can change something for the type of 3D you need ,(I've never had a 3D HDTV or 3D projector though so i dont know much about 3D.) But i think it has something to do with interlacing the 3d signal?you might just have to change a setting in your hr44 or the projector to get it working! Hang in there i'm sure someone here who has 3D will be able to help you.

There are no settings on the HR44 as far as 3D is concerned.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

There are no settings on the HR44 as far as 3D is concerned.

The settings he was referring to are on the TVs themselves but those settings aren't the OPs problem.

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the help!

Go into the projector's menu and see if you can change the 3D mode from auto to side by side.  Not all devices are great at auto sensing the 3D format.  You may have to remember to change it back for using your BD player or other source that may be checkerboard.

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,425 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

The settings he was referring to are on the TVs themselves but those settings aren't the OPs problem.

He refers to the settings "are on the DirecTV menu"  which is what I as replaying to.  There are no settings for 3D on the DirecTV receiver. none, zilch, nada, zero…

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   dishinitout

dishinitout

Mentor

• Registered
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Make sure the projector is fully turned on then turn on the DTV box. When the DTV box turns on it checks what it's connected to if the projector isn't fully on it may not detect its connected to a 3D compatible device (assuming yours is). This will usually help.

SL5, SWM16, 1 HR44, 1 HR34, 2 HR24, 2 C31, 1 C41W

#9 OFFLINE   Phil17108

Phil17108

Mentor

• Registered
  • 85 posts
  • LocationOrange County California

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for the help!

It may be the HDMI cable you are using. 3D needs high speed cable, and about the longest you can go is about 25 feet. The speed of HDMI cable is dependent on length and gaga. I use 2 25 foot 22gage monoprice.com cables for my 3D sets. If you have any switches or splitters in your system make sure that they and your AVR are HDMI spec 1.4. If AVR is not 1.4 use digital coax or optical for audio to the AVR.

#10 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

He refers to the settings "are on the DirecTV menu"  which is what I as replaying to.  There are no settings for 3D on the DirecTV receiver. none, zilch, nada, zero…

Why do you think I said that the settings would be on the TV?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3D, projector, HR44

Protected By... spam firewall...And...