Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby: DIRECTV to air British & Irish Lions 125th Anniversary Tour

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Nice!

http://www.lionsrugb...hp#.UZ5D2oevWSq

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yes sir, I'm in.. Thanks for the info.

#3 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

cool hopefully it won't be a sepcial package and everyone can watch it

There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#4 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

I believe these game will be broadcast on beIn Sport &Fox Soccer Plus.

#5 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I believe these game will be broadcast on beIn Sport &Fox Soccer Plus.

If they were, they wouldn't have just listed DirecTV as those channels are available on many other providers. The odds are it will be on channel 490 like all the other Rugby games exclusive to DirecTV
  • TJNash likes this

#6 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

the amount of rugby we get is quite nice.  Onward Brumbies!

#7 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

The first match for the British and Irish Lions Tour is to be played Saturday, June 1, in Hong Kong, starting at 7:30 AM EDT, vs. The Barbarians.

The first listing I can find is a delayed broadcast on Tuesday, June 4, at 5:30 PM EDT on BeIn Sport.

Up until a few minutes ago, the 490 / 490-1 Super 15 schedule was missing the early 2  matches scheduled for Saturday.

They have now been added.

The 2nd of the 2 early games ends a few minutes before the Lions match begins.

I wonder if DirecTV will add this before kickoff, or if they are only going to show the 3 test matches against the Wallabies later in June.

I also wonder if this might be a one off broadcast for BeIn as SANZAR, the governing body that runs the Super 15, is running the Lions tour of Australia, but not Saturday's "exhibition" match in Hong Kong.

Edited by cmasia, 30 May 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Exactly SANZAR matches should be the only ones on Directv.The same as we get the championship(formerly Tri-Nations) and not the southern hemisphere tours of Europe.

#9 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Exactly SANZAR matches should be the only ones on Directv.The same as we get the championship(formerly Tri-Nations) and not the southern hemisphere tours of Europe.

Hi W J B.

I guess we'll find out DIrecTV's plans Wednesday when the Lions play the Western Force at 6:00 AM EDT.

It would be great if we got all 9 matches played in Australia, not just the 3 test matches.

I'm hoping I can avoid Saturday's result until Tuesday. Barbarians v Lions should be lots of fun, especially in rugby mad Hong Kong. I had the pleasure ( at least what I can remember of it !!! ) of seeing the Sevens there once. What a blast!

#10 OFFLINE   ceflora

ceflora

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

The Lions vs. Barbarians match is on live on channel 490 right now.

#11 OFFLINE   ceflora

ceflora

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

It was on for the first 3 and a half minutes and then went off. DirecTV has really handled this whole situation extremely poorly.

#12 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

It was on for the first 3 and a half minutes and then went off. DirecTV has really handled this whole situation extremely poorly.

Hi Ceflora.

I have to disagree with you here.

DirecTV has flawlessly handled the Super 15 Rugby this season. They did not own the rights to today's "friendly" match in Hong Kong.

BeIn Sport has those rights and they are making us wait until Tuesday to see the match.

SANZAR ( South Africa, New Zealand, Australia Rugby ) has the TV rights to all Lions matches in Australia, starting Wednesday in Perth. Let's see what happens then.

I hope we get all the matches from Australia, but it's possible we may only see the 3 Test matches against the Wallabies later this month.

Cheers!

• fireponcoal likes this

#13 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

watched lions-barbarians today.The match was on fox sports australia right after the reds-rebels directv didn't cut the feed off until the lions match was starting.The Force-lions match is now showing in the guide.

#14 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

watched lions-barbarians today.The match was on fox sports australia right after the reds-rebels directv didn't cut the feed off until the lions match was starting.The Force-lions match is now showing in the guide.

Hi W J B.

Great news about the Lions Match Wednesday!

And thanks for not posting a Lions - Barbarians spoiler here.

You're a gentleman.

Cheers.

PS: For those not familiar with this "tour"...

Every 4 years, since 1888 - yes 1 8 8 8 , the best English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh rugby players have come together as the "British and Irish Lions" to tour the southern hemisphere, rotating between Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. So, since they hit each country only every 12 years, it's a big, big deal.

Cheers to SANZAR and DirecTV for giving this to us as part of our subscription.

There are 9 matches over the next month, with several against regional club sides, culminating in the big finish of 3 "Test" matches against Australia's national side, The Wallabies, on June 22, 29, and July 6.

Even if you're not a rugby fan, do yourself a favor and record one or all of these on 490-1 for a great spectacle and some truly sensational HD video.

Edited by cmasia, 03 June 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

I consider myself a die hard sports fan but ive never watched Rugby until I got Directv. I remember channel surfing late one night and ran across a SUPER RUGBY game and could not believe how fast and beautifully brutal the game is and been a fan ever since. Its a great fill for the football fan because the season starts a couple of weeks after the super bowl and ends a couple weeks before NFL Preseason!!

Man I hope D* keeps this going. Its a great edition to the sports lineup.
Just DVR the games and watch them when you want.. Cant get no better than that!!

GO Cheets, GO Reds!!!
All I Want:

Universal Sports HD.
Pac 12/SEC Networks.

#16 OFFLINE   larryharry59

larryharry59

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

FYI they also showing replays on Bein Sport HD on 620.

#17 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

All-Blacks-France now in the guide for tomorrow morning thanks directv

#18 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

They also added South Africa v. Italy and a few other games too!!
All I Want:

Universal Sports HD.
Pac 12/SEC Networks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...