Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Steve Forrest, star of TV’s ‘S.W.A.T.,’ dead at 87

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

From the NY Daily News:

The TV action series "S.W.A.T." only ran for 37 episodes in 1975-76, but it left a permanent imprint on popular culture and a big part of that mark was Lt. Dan "Hondo" Harrelson, played by Steve Forrest.

Forrest died last Saturday in Thousand Oaks, Calif. He was 87 and no cause of death was announced.

Forrest played hundreds of roles in an acting career that spanned half a century, performing opposite everyone from Ronald Reagan to Elvis Presley, Chevy Chase, James Spader and Faye Dunaway.

He was usually a supporting player or character actor, and he was particularly fond of Westerns, appearing in almost every TV Western during the golden age of that genre.

But he was best-known as Hondo, the tough-talking, no-nonsense leader of the Special Weapons and Assault Team shortened to "S.W.A.T." in the ABC series written by Aaron Spelling and Leonard Goldberg.

He popularized the phrase, "Let's roll" years before it became associated with the real-life takedown of a hijacked airliner on Sept. 11.

Forrest was born William Forrest Andrews in Huntsville, Texas, the youngest of 13 children. His older siblings included the actor Dana Andrews.

He can be seen in movies from "North Dallas Forty," "The Longest Day," "Flaming Star" and "Mommie Dearest" to "Amazon Women on the Moon."

He made a cameo as a driver in the 2003 movie version of "S.W.A.T."

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

RIP Steve, I loved S.W.A.T.

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#3 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,716 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

He did a lot of work in both film and television......R.I.P. Steve.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#4 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Love SWAT, own it on DVD. RIP Steve.
  • oldschoolecw likes this

#5 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

The only autograph I've ever had in my life was Steve Forrest's.  He autographed a picture of himself in SWAT for me.

RIP Steve, I was a fan.

(do you think the autograph is worth more now?)

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

Protected By... spam firewall...And...