Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New broadcast TV "movies" channel

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

While I would like to see it!  I'm not counting on it!  We still do not have guide data for Antenna TV 36-3 and they have been up and running for well over a year.

Yes, and I'm afraid you have good reason not to count on it too ...;

Unless Movies! (or any other new main or secondary DTV sub-channel) takes over an already existing sub-channel "slot" in DIRECTV's off-air database before they stopped updating it, you will almost certainly never see any guide data appear for it. For instance I think WNYW 5-2 now has guide data since it previously existed in the database simulcasting WWOR (MyN) in SD. So the "slot" was already in the OTA database before DIRECTV stopped updating it

For instance KTLA 5-2 in LA once was This TV a few years ago and recorded in the database as such, before its slot was taken over latter by Antenna TV and KTLA opened up a new sub-channel for This TV on 5-3. Then the guide data switched over shortly on 5-2 for Antenna TV programming, but 5-3 now has none since 5-3 is not in the database.

A similar thing happened when Bounce TV took over an already existing slot at KCOP 13-2. and the guide data shortly changed accordingly for its program schedule.    

Therefore if Movies! launched on a new sub-channel not already in the database like here in the LA market on KCOP 13-3, don't look for any guide data to be added. Just "Regular Schedule." on the HR34/44, which while certainly better than not getting it at all on the older H/HR2X boxes, still a PITA nevertheless when searching or channel surfing for interesting shows.     

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall