Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fees for dish after the first 12 months are up?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   archer75

archer75

Godfather

• Registered
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm looking at the pricing for dish as a new subscriber and see what the package pricing will go to after the first year but i'm curious about other sorts of fees that would pop up after that first 12 month period such as any fees for the hopper?

I just want a hopper on a single TV.  Looking at the cheapest package dish offers.

I have direct now on the 2nd year of my contract and even on their cheapest package with the credits i'm still getting the cost is just outrageous. 

Edited by archer75, 25 May 2013 - 12:19 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

As a new customer,  you have programming promotions for 12 months on the programming package, 3 months for the premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc..)  After the programming promotions are completed, the normal programming prices go into effect.

The receiver fees would remain the same unless an increase goes into effect.  Please let me know if you have further questions.  Thanks.

I'm looking at the pricing for dish as a new subscriber and see what the package pricing will go to after the first year but i'm curious about other sorts of fees that would pop up after that first 12 month period such as any fees for the hopper?

I just want a hopper on a single TV.  Looking at the cheapest package dish offers.

I have direct now on the 2nd year of my contract and even on their cheapest package with the credits i'm still getting the cost is just outrageous. 

#3 OFFLINE   archer75

archer75

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

As a new customer,  you have programming promotions for 12 months on the programming package, 3 months for the premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc..)  After the programming promotions are completed, the normal programming prices go into effect.

The receiver fees would remain the same unless an increase goes into effect.  Please let me know if you have further questions.  Thanks.

What is the receiver fee for the hopper on a single tv?

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

With only the Hopper, there is not any monthly charge.  The Whole Home DVR fee is $12 per month.  Thanks.

What is the receiver fee for the hopper on a single tv?

#5 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

There is no change to the fees you pay after the first 12 months, only the package price goes to the regular charges. Both fees and package price can change at ANY time, even during the first 12 months. It's the discount that remains the same. So if you are paying $25 less than the regular price, you will continue to pay $25 less than what ever the increase is for package prices. If fees go up you pay that.

You can't get the cheapest package Dish offers and get the discounts too. I believe you must get at least the Top120. Be aware the Top120 will not include your local sports if that matters, for that the lowest package allowed with the discounts is Top120+.

Edited by tampa8, 25 May 2013 - 08:03 PM.

spam firewall