I'm currently building a new house and am pulling all the cabling next week. I've got Cat6 and RG6/QuadShield to run. I've got a living room and 3 bedrooms to set up.
My new equipment includes an HR34 (living room) and 3 C31s (bedrooms). I may put my HR22-100 in one of the bedroom (Master) in case I have issues with the C31 (can't miss watching my shows!). I've got a 21v power inserter and a 2-way green label splitter (they came with the HR34 and clients when I bought them off Ebay).
I'm planning on running the Cat6 and RG6 to each room (2 runs to each room - in case I want to add cable - and 4 to the Master so that I can have both the C31 and HR22 in there as well as the extra for cable). All TVs are HD.
So, here are my questions:
- any wiring diagrams so that I make sure I get it right?
- what satellite antenna should I get?
- lots of diagrams include a deca for the HR34 but I think that's just because they're relabeling the HR24 diagrams
- what other equipment will I need - a SWM8 or 16? right now I have the Genie(HR34) = 5, Clients=0, and HR22 = 2 for a total of 7. I guess I could, theoretically, need a few more if I put a DVR in the other 2 bedrooms.
- can I get by with only 1 line from the antenna? when/why would I need 4?
Thanks in advance!!