Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Indianapolis 500 (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,119 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

I have not watched an IRL race for several years and after watching the end of the Indianapolis 500 today, I remember why? Even one attempt at a GREEN-WHITE-CHECKER would have been better than finishing the race under caution ( & going only the advertised distance).

ABC's crack announcing staff did not disappoint when it came to putting me to sleep (one reason I don't tend to watch the second half off the NASCAR Sprint Cup season).

Edit:14 races have ended under caution (7 for rain) in the last 70 years but ending what was generally considered a good hard fought race (nearly 70 lead changes and 13 different leaders) under caution was In my opinion an insult to the viewers and drivers both..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Is it still a spoiler if I thought the race was Tomorrow.

#3 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,119 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Is it still a spoiler if I thought the race was Tomorrow.

I think a lot of people tend to make that mistake.  

As I understand it, up until 1970 the race had been scheduled for Memorial Day (proper), May 30 regardless what day it fell on. 1971 and 1972, the race was held on Saturday and in 1973 the race was scheduled for Memorial Day but instead was 2 days later due to rain.  The race moved to the Sunday prior to Memorial Day in 1974 and has run there since (with the exception of 3 rain outs).

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,336 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

A spoiler was the CNN News Alert I received earlier today ... which really wasn't a problem.

The beginning of the NASCAR race also announced the Indy 500 winner.

I might watch the race later. :)

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,141 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

the indy race was pretty much boring, especially ending under caution. but i'm happy for the winner!

#6 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

TK winning it finally was good for me. Finishing on a stupid caution though really took away from how good a race it was up until then. I try to watch IndyCar races every weekend they race and I never finish them. I finished the Indy 500 though. I always finish that one. Every time someone bumps a wall they go to caution and sit behind the pace car for 10 laps. Some wrecks I understand that debris is on the track and you should slow down. Justifiable. How long does it take to clean something up though? I get bored and change the channel. 

spam firewall