Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 not showing recordings at remote location

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lovswr

lovswr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Hello, my girlfriend recdently bought a new house & her mother ordered Dish service.  They have 5 HDTV's & wanted HD service at all 5 locations (with some type of DVR capability) but what they got is two 722's & one 211 & a vague promise by the installer of coming back at a later date to bring another box.  The 70 year old mother was the only person in the house at the time of installation so it is impossible to determine exactly what happened. 

Nevertheless, of the two 722's one is being used in dual-mode & tuner 2 is the default recording tuner.  However at the tuner 2 HDTV, when I press the DVR button there is no response.  My understanding is that recordings should be available to both tuners/locations.  Is this not the case?  Is there some kind of HDCP restriction becuase tuner 1 at the 722 is derectly connected to a HDTV via HDMI cable &  tuner 2 is connected to a HDTV in another room via coaxial* cable?  I made sure that the 722 is in dual mode by pressing the mode button on the front panel several times & observing it switch from dual to single mode etc...  The modulation setup is that they are both on AIR (I could not get them to be different    i.e. when I switched tuner 1 to air, tuner 2 would switch to air...if I switched tuner 2 to cable, then tuner 1 would switch to cable also)  with tuner 1 on channel 62 & tuner 2 to 60  Again tuner 1 is connected via a 6 foot HDMI to the set in that room with the 722 & tuner 2 is ran into her bedroom via coaxial cable. 

I imagine that it has to be something really simple that I'm overlooking.

*Mini rant - Why, in the year of our lord 2013, do both D* & E* still have equipment that is SD only.  I have another friend who signed up for D* about 8 months ago; she got an HDTV box in the living room & an SD only (tiny) box in her bedroom.   You can't go out and purchase, new, a TV set without an HDMI/HDCP connection so there is no excuse for these SD only installation optiions. 

I have been told that in the scenario above, it should have been 2 Hoppers & 3 joey's, which NOW (the contract has been signed by the mother & when she called to complain/stop the service was told a 400 hundered dollar cancellation fee would be invoked) may incurr some additional fee to install, but why don't the DBS providers, at this late date, just do HD installs as default!     /Mini rant

Sony 60A2020 | Sony STR-DA5200ES | PS3 all via HDMI | XBOX360 via component | JBL Northridge Series 5.1
Sony KDF-E42A10 | Sony STR-DG820 | Samsung BD-P1500
BOTH HR20's & PS3 & XBOX 360 networked via tversity v 1.0 RC2
HD-DVD = 52 Blu Ray = 55

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,254 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

SD equipment will exist as long as:

1.  There is significant demand.

2.  HD equipment and/or service costs more.

3.  Consumers aren't savvy enough (or have good enough vision) to discern the benefits of HD.

Clearly, you're not set up with the right hardware and that needs to be fixed but it may also be a case of DISH's model not being perfectly suited to a very extended family.  Most homes that I visit don't have a 100% concentration of HDTVs (unless they have only one TV).

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   lovswr

lovswr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ok my mini rant notwithstanding, shouldn't recordings on a 722 in dual mode be available to both tuner 1 & tuner 2?
Sony 60A2020 | Sony STR-DA5200ES | PS3 all via HDMI | XBOX360 via component | JBL Northridge Series 5.1
HD-DVD = 52 Blu Ray = 55

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

? Well, dvr playback doesn't occupy a tuner. Yes, recordings recorded are visible from either tv location, regardless of which tuner it recorded on.

#5 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Sounds like you need a conversation with a DIRT representative or directly to DISH to get correct equipment.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

lovswr on our 722/722k HD DVR’s, you should be able to see the recordings on both TV’s. When you press the DVR button for TV2, are you missing recordings that are on TV1? Are you getting an error message when you try to do this?

Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   lovswr

lovswr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

No, no error or any other message.  When I press the DVR button, (making sure to use remote "2"), absolutely nothing happens.  Going into the guide, menu, chaging channels etc..., using the same remote/TV, works as expected.

HD-DVD = 52 Blu Ray = 55

spam firewall