Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FREEVIEW: Choice Xtra

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Weather88

Weather88

• Registered
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHalfmoon, NY (Albany DMA)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

I just turned my TV to find that we have more channels than usual! It appears we have a freeview of the Choice Xtra package. I haven't seen it anywhere on here yet so I figured I'd post.

According to this site  we have a Choice Xtra preview from May 27th until June 3rd. 

Enjoy!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   F1aReD

F1aReD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

I also noticed that and was confused. How come they didn't send us a message like usual? (atleast, the last time I checked they didn't) Seeing all these extra channels makes me miss them that much more...especially since now most of them are in HD.

I was kind of hoping they messed up my account and accidentally gave me the extra channels :righton:

#3 OFFLINE   Weather88

Weather88

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHalfmoon, NY (Albany DMA)

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I also noticed that and was confused. How come they didn't send us a message like usual? (atleast, the last time I checked they didn't) Seeing all these extra channels makes me miss them that much more...especially since now most of them are in HD.

I was kind of hoping they messed up my account and accidentally gave me the extra channels :righton:

I thought the same thing! I immediately looked for a message on the receiver or even an e-mail from them, but nothing, so I thought maybe somehow they messed up the account so then I look online at account management and it still showed Choice. Then I searched a little further and came across the website which lists all the freeviews. Slightly disappointed :P

#4 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

At least with the Freeview I got to see the Blackhawks played against the Red Wings in game 7 as I'm on Spanish package, plus the local RSN didn't show the game, does NBC have the rights to the playoffs?
BTW that score shot near the end of regulation that was taken away was uncalled for, as we all know who started that scuffle. But I'll take a win no matter the outcome.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#5 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

At least with the Freeview I got to see the Blackhawks played against the Red Wings in game 7 as I'm on Spanish package, plus the local RSN didn't show the game, does NBC have the rights to the playoffs?
BTW that score shot near the end of regulation that was taken away was uncalled for, as we all know who started that scuffle. But I'll take a win no matter the outcome.

all games should be on NBC or NBCSN + maybe NHL net for overflow.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

I thought the same thing! I immediately looked for a message on the receiver or even an e-mail from them, but nothing, so I thought maybe somehow they messed up the account so then I look online at account management and it still showed Choice. Then I searched a little further and came across the website which lists all the freeviews. Slightly disappointed :P

Their annoying "TV Mail" system doesn't work very good.  Like you said, offers and promotions you are eligible for often don't appear.  I constantly get stupid messages on my R22 about HD promos even though I don't have HD!!

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#7 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

The information about the free trial has been listed on the D* website since May 24th...

http://news.directv....-may-27-june-3/

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#8 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

I believe I had messages on all 3 receivers a week or 2 ago informing of the free preview.  I already subscribe to a higher package so it was not important to me.

#9 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

I watched the preview,it was ok!!

This weekend ALL PAY CHANNELS are free!!! (501-558) I believe.......

#10 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

This weekend ALL PAY CHANNELS are free!!! (501-558) I believe.......

Not Showtime, as far as I know -- only HBO/Cinemax (promoting the "True Blood" season premiere) and Starz/Encore (promoting the "Magic City" season premiere).
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#11 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Ahhhhhh there is always an agenda isnt there?? (YES indeed)

#12 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Ah man I missed it. Well this is the last day I guess. Because they don't auto add (then remove) to favorites, I had no idea.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#13 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ah man I missed it. Well this is the last day I guess. Because they don't auto add (then remove) to favorites, I had no idea.

i had messages on all 3 of my dvrs letting me know of the preview, I would assume you did as well.  And this is one of the drawbacks to using fav lists.

#14 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

i had messages on all 3 of my dvrs letting me know of the preview, I would assume you did as well. And this is one of the drawbacks to using fav lists.

Me too, I didn't know I had any messages until I went to figure out while caller ID on screen notices were off. Fixed caller ID notices and saw the number of messages noted next to the icon. That's what prompted me to notice the preview. Came here to see if there was a thread about it, thus is history.

Wish there was a preference you could opt in to auto add new channels or previews to favorites. Then when the preview is over, it would go back to the way it was.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

Protected By... spam firewall...And...