Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Inflexible SiriusXM CSR

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,665 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

One of the "flaws" of SiriusXM is how easy it is to get a discount. One just needs to cancel their subscription and wait for SiriusXM to get desperate. That is what makes hours an exaggeration ... and misleading. It is not a big deal - but SiriusXM seems to be one of the easiest companies to get a deal out of (I got a free radio last year when I discovered mine was broken). No commitment. Very easy.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Hall Of Flame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,735 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

James-

Some have spent hours to get the six months for $25 vs. the five months for the same amount. The latter is easy; the former not so much, though it would depend on the CSR and the customer in any given instance. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#23 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well, I got another SiriusXM "surprise" today.

As you may know if you've read this thread from the beginning, I canceled my 6 month/$25 per month sub just 3 days before it ended.  Then I enjoyed the final 2 days of their "free trial".  Then I called in and referred to the letter I got offering 6 months for $25 on "any inactive radio on my account" which in this case was now my car!!  No problem, spoke to a CSR and I was all set for another six months.

Guess what came in the mail today?  A letter dated June 13 begging me to come back for 6 months at $25 a month SPECIFICALLY LISTING THE RADIO ID OF THE RECEIVER IN MY CAR!!  So apparently, nowadays if you can live without SiriusXM for TWO WEEKS you'll get a letter begging you to come back and offering the super deal and no reconnection charge.

The word from top management must be "no customer will be allowed to cancel!!"   :listening

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,665 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yep ... all you have to do is cancel and wait. Not difficult. :)
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

spam firewall