Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Inflexible SiriusXM CSR

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

One of the "flaws" of SiriusXM is how easy it is to get a discount. One just needs to cancel their subscription and wait for SiriusXM to get desperate. That is what makes hours an exaggeration ... and misleading. It is not a big deal - but SiriusXM seems to be one of the easiest companies to get a deal out of (I got a free radio last year when I discovered mine was broken). No commitment. Very easy.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,288 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

James-

Some have spent hours to get the six months for $25 vs. the five months for the same amount. The latter is easy; the former not so much, though it would depend on the CSR and the customer in any given instance. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#23 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well, I got another SiriusXM "surprise" today.

As you may know if you've read this thread from the beginning, I canceled my 6 month/$25 per month sub just 3 days before it ended.  Then I enjoyed the final 2 days of their "free trial".  Then I called in and referred to the letter I got offering 6 months for $25 on "any inactive radio on my account" which in this case was now my car!!  No problem, spoke to a CSR and I was all set for another six months.

Guess what came in the mail today?  A letter dated June 13 begging me to come back for 6 months at $25 a month SPECIFICALLY LISTING THE RADIO ID OF THE RECEIVER IN MY CAR!!  So apparently, nowadays if you can live without SiriusXM for TWO WEEKS you'll get a letter begging you to come back and offering the super deal and no reconnection charge.

The word from top management must be "no customer will be allowed to cancel!!"   :listening

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yep ... all you have to do is cancel and wait. Not difficult. :)
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#25 OFFLINE   REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts
  • LocationWoodbine,MD

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

How long have you been a SiriusXM subscriber (if ever)?

SiriusXM is one of the easiest companies to get a deal from ... one just have to be willing to give up the service for a little while. Once you actually cancel the winback offers come and they are good.

the exception, if you have a stand alone internet sub. the only offer was a free month then $14.99 month plus taxes

hr20,hdmi to living room,componant mirred to office,h20kit hdmi,bedroom mine r15,bedroom daughters h20,other d10,slimline dish mounted on back of house,18 in.round (spare),on 3ft pipe in ground watered by dog daily.ota on roof.

#26 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Bought a new Honda last year. Got 6 months free. Immediately started getting the post card "deals", first one full price! If you wait until a week or two before your trial expires you will get progressively better post card deals.

#27 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Well, I got another SiriusXM "surprise" today.

As you may know if you've read this thread from the beginning, I canceled my 6 month/$25 per month sub just 3 days before it ended.  Then I enjoyed the final 2 days of their "free trial".  Then I called in and referred to the letter I got offering 6 months for $25 on "any inactive radio on my account" which in this case was now my car!!  No problem, spoke to a CSR and I was all set for another six months.

Guess what came in the mail today?  A letter dated June 13 begging me to come back for 6 months at $25 a month SPECIFICALLY LISTING THE RADIO ID OF THE RECEIVER IN MY CAR!!  So apparently, nowadays if you can live without SiriusXM for TWO WEEKS you'll get a letter begging you to come back and offering the super deal and no reconnection charge.

The word from top management must be "no customer will be allowed to cancel!!"   :listening

I canx back in Jan 2014 and haven't looked back.

#28 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,288 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Same, but I stumbled into the free preview a few days ago, and the symphonic station was on, sounded quite good. The next day, it was bit starved.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...