Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

anyone has dishworld with roku?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   billu

billu

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

Looking for options on south asian indian channels without any commitment and seems like the dishworld offer with free roku is a good one. does anyone have indian channel package with roku player? how is the video quality? are there any issues like audio out of sync or interruptions? thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   billu

billu

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

i guess no one has dishworld with roku. must be a new concept. thanks for ur replies.

#3 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

I cannot speak about Dishworld, but generally speaking the video quality depends on your Internet connection. I stream BBC World News on my Roku and it is OK to watch. However, the video quality on most everything else is top notch from providers like HuluPlus, Nextflix, Amazon, Crackle, PBS and so on. I mean generally I never notice any buffering from Roku, unlike my Smart  Sony TV, which wants to constantly buffer. I am very impressed with Roku devices.

Edited by Rduce, 02 June 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Rduce, which app do you use to be able to stream BBC World News?  Does this give you access to the full 24 hour news channel or only to select content?  By the way, Billu, several months ago I tried Dishworld which had a week free trial at the time.  The audio and video quality were fine, probably better than the SD channels from satellite 118, but as Rduce has said, that will depend on you internet connection.  I seem to remember that only select channels from the various packages were available, but that may have changed by now.  Anyway, just visit dishworld.com and you will get the whole story.  

#5 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Rduce, which app do you use to be able to stream BBC World News?  Does this give you access to the full 24 hour news channel or only to select content?  By the way, Billu, several months ago I tried Dishworld which had a week free trial at the time.  The audio and video quality were fine, probably better than the SD channels from satellite 118, but as Rduce has said, that will depend on you internet connection.  I seem to remember that only select channels from the various packages were available, but that may have changed by now.  Anyway, just visit dishworld.com and you will get the whole story.  

I use the BBC news app I found in the Roku channel store and it streams the live news feed 24/7  

#6 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Yes, BBC is readily available, along with some other English language European news channels.

#7 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Just bought a roku and noticed a dishworld trial offer, but haven't investigated yet. Intrigued.

-on a side note, any current roku threads here? Think I'm going to be needing some help.

#8 OFFLINE   l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

There's a Roku section under IPTV Hardware.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...