Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

directv work on Xbox One with passthrough

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   iceburg02

iceburg02

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

It works for me, you have to enable it in settings. They are labeling it beta because it doesn't work with every cable box, but it works with DirecTV receivers. See here: https://support.xbox...und-not-working

good to know - thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,564 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

My son says he cannot access the Playlist and can't watch any recorded content using the Xbox.  He's done his homework, he says and Microsoft is supposed to be working on a patch for this issue.  Meanwhile, he's disconnected the HR from the Xbox.

Rich

I don't see how it would be possible for Microsoft to ever offer voice control over the playlist because there is no way for the receiver to feed information back to the Xbox unless the Xbox accesses it over the network. It can't get that information via HDMI.

The commands to access the playlist via TCP/IP were deprecated by Directv 2-3 years ago, and may be removed at any time, if they haven't already been. Microsoft is unlikely to want to add support that relies on them. If they do, it may be removed at any point by a firmware update from Directv.

Since all the Xbox can do now or will ever do is let you change channels by voice, it seems pretty pointless.

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#103 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,872 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Do you mean with voice control? If so, that's true, but otherwise it functions identically to when it's not hooked up to Xbox One. Playlist etc. work just fine using the remote.

You're right.  He rehooked his HR to the Xbox and it did work correctly with the HR's remote.  

Rich

#104 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,872 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

I don't see how it would be possible for Microsoft to ever offer voice control over the playlist because there is no way for the receiver to feed information back to the Xbox unless the Xbox accesses it over the network. It can't get that information via HDMI.

The commands to access the playlist via TCP/IP were deprecated by Directv 2-3 years ago, and may be removed at any time, if they haven't already been. Microsoft is unlikely to want to add support that relies on them. If they do, it may be removed at any point by a firmware update from Directv.

Since all the Xbox can do now or will ever do is let you change channels by voice, it seems pretty pointless.

Nothing,  I know nothing... :rolling:

Rich

#105 OFFLINE   chintups3

chintups3

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

http://xboxonedaily....dvr-rewind-bug/

#106 OFFLINE   Zellster

Zellster

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

My issue with 2 different DirecTV tuners with the XBOX ONE pass-thru is that everyday, if I want to watch TV through the app, I have to hold down the power button until the unit XB1 reboots.  I can immediately power it back on and once up I can watch DTV through the app. 

I would have expected that 2 months to the day that MS would have updated their OS with a fix but alas they have not.  It really turns my wife off using the XBOX ONE.  She thinks it sucks.

It's certainly very buggy but I do like the integration.  One day it will be great but not yet.

"a dream to some...a nightmare to others!"

#107 OFFLINE   Armathius

Armathius

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

The killer issue for me with the XBOX One and DTV is that it cannot do Passive HDMI pass through.  This is in my living room and I don't want to have to have my family go through the hassle of firing up the gaming system to simply watch T.V.  I could run a splitter but the hassle is not worth it just so I can talk to my HR-34 :P.

HR-20 on Sony KDF-50E2000 via HMDI.
DSR-708 (6.2 software) on JVC 32" via composite.
Yamaha RX-V2600 receiver.

#108 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

The killer issue for me with the XBOX One and DTV is that it cannot do Passive HDMI pass through.  This is in my living room and I don't want to have to have my family go through the hassle of firing up the gaming system to simply watch T.V.  I could run a splitter but the hassle is not worth it just so I can talk to my HR-34 :P.

Actually, thats probably my biggest complaint as well....I have absolutely zero interest in leaving my XBOX One on that many hours a day to just watch tv....

#109 OFFLINE   Zellster

Zellster

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

I kind of got around the Passive HDMI issue by using the Component Out/Optical Out from the DTV STB directly to another Video Input/Receiver channel.  It's good for wives that hate XBOXes.

"a dream to some...a nightmare to others!"

#110 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

As other's have noted the biggest issues with Xbox 1 and viewing TV are the box being on. Personally I don't have an issue with the box being on, I like being able to integrate everything into the box and having voice control.  I know on the Xbox forums there have been quite a few requests to enable the XB1 to come on and immediately go to "watch TV." I am hoping that update comes soon.  I was able to do a work around using my Harmony remote and adding in a few extra steps for it when I turn on the TV.

Only issues I have found are:  

1st) the NFL app doesn't allow all of the "cool features" described on the TV commercial unless your cable/satellite company has an authentication deal with The NFL network.  Currently there are not many companies that do (Dish does) DirecTV and Comcast are not included.  The app looks like it'd be great and wish I could make it work, it's also required for the NFL app on iOS as well.

2nd) issue/complaint for me is voice control isn't always great-"Xbox watch ESPN".....tends to go to E!HD not a channel I watch. Other channels are even bigger problems, it can't really understand CSN Bay Area/California at all.

As for the complaints about picture issues and sound issues while routing the HDMI cable through the XB1 I have noticed at all.  Overall my family is happy with the XB1, we have used it for games, watching TV, Skype with family members, as a Blu Ray player,  and watch movies on Crackle, Amazon, and VUDU.  It hasn't been able to totally replace my ROKU as there are still a few channels on ROKU that XB1 doesn't offer.

#111 OFFLINE   chintups3

chintups3

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

xbox one have software update is 6.2.10698.0 it comes with DD 5.1

Protected By... spam firewall...And...