Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Crappy Picture on HR34. Related to 0x6be?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWinter Park, Florida

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place or if its been discussed in another place. My HR34 has had 0x6be since May 14th. The unit operates ok, but the picture seems off. Seems to be jerky or not quite like a live picture. Sort of like its computer video with some motion blur. the hockey game on NBCSN is particularly poor. The vibrancy of the usual HD picturenis not there either.

Is this related to this version of the software? I am not seeing any of this on my HR24s.

If there is a solution to this, please let me know what it is. I have menu rebooted a couple of times with no changes.

Thanks for any thoughts.
GO GATORS!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,786 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

how is your HR34 connected to your TV?

have you turned off motion blur on your TV?  (if aplicable)

is your TV set up with either 720p or 1080i as the resolution?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

I am connected via HDMI cable going thru my receiver and HDMI to the TV. I have no idea if there is a motion blur setting on my tv. I have never had to consider using it before. Again, the TV settings have not changed. I have native off on the HR34 and all resolutions are selected I. Settings. The picture on the TV has been great until recently on D*. I thought something was off and checked the settings and saw an update installed on May 14th and it seems to correlate to when the picture became wonky.
GO GATORS!!!

#4 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Have you tried switching through the resolutions and seeing a difference? 

#5 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

No, but I will try that tonight. But it's only recently that the picture looked bad. I was thinking it was just a poor feed from the  NBC Sports Network but my other TVs using the HR24 (via HDMI) looked fine. I truly think the update of May 14th did something.

GO GATORS!!!

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

After you check the resolutions, if you have not done this after the new software download,
Menu, Settings, Reset, Restart Receiver.

See if that changes it any for you.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I've done a couple of menu resets. I did two last night. No difference. I did not do a red button reset. If no better tonight, I will try one of those. Thaks for the advice.

GO GATORS!!!

#8 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

I am connected via HDMI cable going thru my receiver and HDMI to the TV. I have no idea if there is a motion blur setting on my tv. I have never had to consider using it before. Again, the TV settings have not changed. I have native off on the HR34 and all resolutions are selected I. Settings. The picture on the TV has been great until recently on D*. I thought something was off and checked the settings and saw an update installed on May 14th and it seems to correlate to when the picture became wonky.

Have you tried bypassing the AVR and go straight to the TV ?
Tried another connection spot on the TV ?
Changing the HDMI cables ?

Sometimes things happen and it appears to be caused by something and it turns out to be just a coincidence.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#9 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

I need to chime in.  For some reason, there is some kind of glitch with the HR34 and AVR's.  I have a Denon avr and sometimes HR34 will switch over resolution to 480i/p only and everything looks like crap.  I don't really remember what I do to get 1080i back again from HR34, but there is something funky going on.

I think I need to switch inputs on the avr and then play around with the settings on the stb.

I never had any problems with my other inputs to the Denon.  It's only from the HR34.

#10 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

I need to chime in.  For some reason, there is some kind of glitch with the HR34 and AVR's.  I have a Denon avr and sometimes HR34 will switch over resolution to 480i/p only and everything looks like crap.  I don't really remember what I do to get 1080i back again from HR34, but there is something funky going on.

I think I need to switch inputs on the avr and then play around with the settings on the stb.

I never had any problems with my other inputs to the Denon.  It's only from the HR34.

I do not have a Denon but I have read posts where they took the setting off of Automatic and set it just to 1080p to cure their problem.

#11 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well I just got home and the HR34 was frozen. Completely unresponsive to the remote. So I did a red button reset and now it's been stuck on 24% do receiving satellite info for over 5 minutes. It's not moving off 24%. I want to red button it again but am afraid it will corrupt something. Is it ok to red button it in the middle of the downloading sat info?
GO GATORS!!!

#12 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Ok, I reset and it went through. Now it appears I received another update to 0x6d8. Maybe that will clear things up. That was a quick update. Less than 2 weeks after the last update. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Edited by gator5000e, 30 May 2013 - 04:20 PM.

GO GATORS!!!

#13 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Just to update. Seems the new update software has fixed things. Knock on wood. Picture looks like its back to normal. Thanks again for the help and suggestions.
GO GATORS!!!

#14 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the update.
Glad it is working for you now.

#15 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,786 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Awesome.  Thanks for the update. 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#16 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

I have to report my last plate was premature. The picture looks pretty poor, especially with sports, but also on movies. Here is a link to a video I took While watching DirecTV's PPV offering of The Great and Powerful OZ at 1080P. In the first clip, if you watch the writing on the wagon as the camera swings by the sign that says OZ, the writing on the wagon Mystical Reader will look like it's pulsing or flashing. It's easier to see on my TV, but a lot of the picture does this. In the second clip, the camera is swinging from Oz on yellow brick road to the carriage. Watch the trees and the other background items. Again they look like they are pulsing or flashing. This may sound picky, but I never had these issues before the last 2 updates. I again would appreciate any opinions or thoughts.

https://www.dropbox....o316/VCx_BDk96W

GO GATORS!!!

#17 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

How old is the TV?  What happens when you playback a DVD?  Maybe it's your TV?  Have you tried connecting the STB to another set?

#18 OFFLINE   Ctrane

Ctrane

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNewington, CT

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

I've got the same problem as Gator.  It started this week viewing the NBA finals Tuesday night.    It's definately not the television or cables.

The playback began just fine,   in the middle there was about a 30 minute segment with the herky-herky video and lack of image quality.

The last 45 minutes or so were back to normal.   I just thought it was a problem with the ABC broadcast,  but the same thing happened with

the Thursday night game.   This time the first 45 minutes or so was fine,   the remainder was back to the herky-jerky again.

#19 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

We've had 0x6d8 for two weeks and have not seen the issue described. Next time you see the problem, check the System Info on the server and check the temperature...perhaps your HR34 is overheating.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#20 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

My problems are continuing. I think there may an issue somewhere in between the dish and DVR. The PQ for the hockey game tonight was awful as were most other sports channels. Other channels were not as bad as the sports channels but still some degradation of PQ.

But in spite of the poor picture quality, I decided to watch a pay-per-view. I chose one of the movies that you access directly through the barkers beginning at channel 125. This was not one that I recorded or had to wait until it started at a specific time. I believe these movies are preloaded onto the DVR directly from the satellites; is this correct?

In any event, the picture for the PPV looked great with no artifact or pixilation. I am not sure what this tells me other there is a problem with the transmission between the dish and the DVR. does this tell anyone something different?

Thanks for any thoughts.
GO GATORS!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...