Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

HR44 Deployment locations

Hr44 deployment cities installs installation survey city locations location

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Well the stop button is the biggie...tell me this, how do you stop a program with it?

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Ultimate Package, NFL ST, Distant Networks ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#242 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,611 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Well the stop button is the biggie...tell me this, how do you stop a program with it?

To stop a playing recording with the new RC71 remote you can press the Guide button and go to another channel, Press the Exit button and it will exit the recording or press the Pause button and it will stop the recording. Next time you press the List button you will have the option to Resume or Start Over.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#243 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

But see I never use the stop button while watching something, never have. Heck, I have never used it for anything.

If I'm at the end of the program I just skip to the end and delete the show. If I'm in the middle, I almost always have just hit pause, and then go into the guide or list to chose something else, or just turn the unit off.

Sometimes I'll simply pull up the guide or list and chose something else to watch.

And of course I'll also just hit exit sometime. I have just never needed or used the stop button. Generally I use pause so that I can then go into other things and not see live TV, so I won't accidentally see a score of a sports game I might be recording and haven't watched yet. I trained myself to do that a long time ago.

With that said, I see no reason they can't make the red button work like stop while watching live TV?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#244 OFFLINE   toryvad

toryvad

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

tech came out on the 8/15 and said he has not seen the hr44 in the warehouse yet and expects it in a month or so.  SF Bay Area

#245 OFFLINE   JLinz

JLinz

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Anyone in the Orange County, CA area receive an HR44 lately? 

Thanks in advance.

#246 OFFLINE   Weaselboy

Weaselboy

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

I had a new install done last week in the Palm Springs CA area and they gave me a HR44. The installer had both 34 and 44 on the truck and gave me my choice.

#247 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

I had a new install done last week in the Palm Springs CA area and they gave me a HR44. The installer had both 34 and 44 on the truck and gave me my choice.

Was it a hard choice to make?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#248 OFFLINE   yanksno1

yanksno1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationBoynton Beach, FL

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

My boss just got a HR-44 installed last night in Crown Point, IN. He's a long time customer and loves it and the new genie clients.

I think my aunt and uncle got one installed last week in Indio, CA (near Palm Springs). Can't confirm, but she said it was the small one so I'm betting on it.

Lets Go Yankees!!!!

#249 OFFLINE   mwt129

mwt129

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

Having a HR-34 installed right now, in the Pottstown, Pa area. The installer said that they have the 44s in the King of Prussia office, but that it will be another month or so before they get them out here. 

Edited by mwt129, 21 August 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#250 OFFLINE   Weaselboy

Weaselboy

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Was it a hard choice to make?

Hah... he kind of smiled when he drove up and I asked which receiver he had. I suspect if you don't ask they will give you a 34 to get rid of them.

#251 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

I suspect if you don't ask they will give you a 34 to get rid of them.

Absolutely !

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#252 OFFLINE   linuspbmo

linuspbmo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Has anyone received a HR-44 in the Cape Girardeau Mo, Paducah , Ky area?

#253 OFFLINE   TorinTPG

TorinTPG

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

HR44 installed earlier this week - Atlanta, Ga Area OTP

#254 OFFLINE   Trekboy

Trekboy

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

Just got an HR-44-200 in Largo, FL yesterday, 8/24.

#255 OFFLINE   Fuzzy761210

Fuzzy761210

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

Just had a friend get directv and had him ask the installer (multibrand) and he knew about the hr44 but said they only have 34's.   Clarksville, In.  (Louisville, Ky area).

#256 OFFLINE   dave olstad

dave olstad

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

San Jose California, Genie Install yesterday Direc tv rep showed up with hr 34 and c31, When I placed the order I had them write down I only wanted hr 44 and c-41. I Turned them away and then was on phone with direc tv for 2 hrs Getting recredited for the 49.00 genie Upgrade no good resolution yet. Direc tv Rep on phone recommended going thru 3rd party like Costco Rep For direc TV.

#257 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

San Jose California, Genie Install yesterday Direc tv rep showed up with hr 34 and c31, When I placed the order I had them write down I only wanted hr 44 and c-41. I Turned them away and then was on phone with direc tv for 2 hrs Getting recredited for the 49.00 genie Upgrade no good resolution yet. Direc tv Rep on phone recommended going thru 3rd party like Costco Rep For direc TV.

DirecTV does not guarantee receiver models. It's clearly stated on their website. The only sure way of getting the model receiver you want is by purchasing from Solid Signal or WeaKnees.  

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#258 OFFLINE   KDelande

KDelande

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Just had a friend get directv and had him ask the installer (multibrand) and he knew about the hr44 but said they only have 34's.   Clarksville, In.  (Louisville, Ky area).

Thank you for this report.  I am in Louisville area (Prospect) and definately served by Multiband based on previous truck rolls.  I am patiently waiting for a report that HR44s are here and this seems to confirm not yet.

DirecTV AU9 Slimline Dish
|
SWM-8<--Trek HDTVa OTA Antenna
|
|-->HR20-700--[HDMI]-->Onkyo TX-SR805--[HDMI]-->Samsung HL-T6189S DLP
|-->HR20-700--[HDMI]-->Samsung LN-T3732H LCD
|-->HR20-700--[HDMI]-->Toshiba 37HLX95 LCD

#259 OFFLINE   ladannen

ladannen

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Madison, WI.

Called Directv last week for a Genie upgrade. I'm replacing 3 HR2x DVRs with 1 Genie and 2 clients.

The phone rep offered a free setup if the units were shipped to me for a self-install or I could schedule a tech install for $49. I chose the tech install to increase chances of getting a HR44 genie.

Install was scheduled for today, but the tech just called and said he only has HR34s. I cancelled the appointment, but he gave me his cell number so I can check back with him in a few weeks.

[EDIT]  Tech just called back. After speaking with his supervisor suggested that since I'm interested in the latest and greatest unit that maybe I should wait for "the next Genie model not even in production yet: The HR44W".

Hmm...

Edited by ladannen, 27 August 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#260 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Finally had my parent's install on Saturday 8/24/2013 in Rock Falls, IL 61071.  Multiband installer showed up with HR44 and three C41 clients.  He hasn't seen any of the C41W yet though, but has been trained on them.

Hardest part was getting the two Samsung RVU TVs added to the account after the installer left.  The CSR on the phone had never added one that wasn't tech installed so it took him a while to figure it out.

Edited by Beerstalker, 27 August 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hr44, deployment, cities, installs, installation, survey, city, locations, location

Protected By... spam firewall...And...