Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

HR44 Deployment locations

Hr44 deployment cities installs installation survey city locations location

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#376 OFFLINE   luckman

luckman

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

HR44-500 installed Oct. 18 Leesburg, VA

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#377 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,649 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Mesa, AZ - HR44-500 from DirecTV installed Oct, 12, 2013.  Instant swap out of HR24.  Got RC71 remote - like it so far.

One weird quirk, 'tho.  Wifey's remote (RC64R) requires "Select" to be pressed twice - sometimes!

Excellent!

And the delay on wifey's remote is to ensure you remain top dog on the set..... :)

Is that a fancy Red Sox logo?  I am watching right now.

And welcome to the new guys, and thanks for posting your info. Stick around and participate! 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#378 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,378 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sorry to say no more HR44 in Long Island. only refurb HR34s :righton:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#379 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Just had HR44 installed in Pawtucket, RI, just over the line from Providence.  The installer said that is all they get from the warehouse now. 

SMK

#380 OFFLINE   danfarm

danfarm

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

,,Just had HR 44 and 2 clients installed this morning, near Syracuse, NY , install was fast, no problems. New to Directv from dish must say pq is better!

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#381 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Welcome, Dan, to DBSTalk! Hope your experience continues tops. 

#382 OFFLINE   docj

docj

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

HR44-500 just installed in a motorhome in Port Townsend WA replacing an HR22.  Also converted Winegard Trav'ler RV system to SWM.  Super installer.

Edited by docj, 21 October 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#383 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Sweet! And welcome to DBSTalk! 

#384 OFFLINE   docj

docj

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the welcome.  Having 5 tuners available sure is nice; totally takes away the need to have both east and west coast DNS feeds.  I can't believe the fast response time of this receiver.

#385 OFFLINE   oldanbo

oldanbo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

I only have the hr-34, scratch the sequim, wa. unless there is more than 1 (mine) response.  Sorry 'bout that.  I was hoping to see if any 44's had made it here yet.

#386 OFFLINE   maerativo

maerativo

• Registered
  • 34 posts
  • LocationN. California

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Called customer service for issue on my existing HR22. CSR asked if I wanted to upgrade free to a Genie. Told them it would have to be wireless as I only had wireless internet. She said no problem we'll order a HR44 for the install. She then offered free install as I've been a DTV faithful customer since 1996.

Appointment set for the 7th. I'm really looking forward to upgrading to the HR44. Will post an update once its up and running. :blowout:

Located in N. California, Lakeport.

DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1996

HR44-500
HR24-500
Roku 3

#387 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

Called customer service for issue on my existing HR22. CSR asked if I wanted to upgrade free to a Genie. Told them it would have to be wireless as I only had wireless internet. She said no problem we'll order a HR44 for the install. She then offered free install as I've been a DTV faithful customer since 1996.

Appointment set for the 7th. I'm really looking forward to upgrading to the HR44. Will post an update once its up and running. :blowout:

Located in N. California, Lakeport.

you can also get an HR34 with a CCK-W.  

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#388 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Curious- How do you have only wireless? 

If you can manage a wire (ethernet, that is) to the Genie, you'll be a bit better off. 

#389 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

If you can manage a wire (ethernet, that is) to the Genie, you'll be a bit better off. 

Perhaps a hot-spot

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#390 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Techs are not suppose to hook them up to hot spots so in his case I hope its not a hot spot.

#391 OFFLINE   TheJackal

TheJackal

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Appt yesterday was cancelled because the tech did not have any HR44s yet.  They said the warehouse has them but they won't be on the trucks until tomorrow so need to reschedule my appt.  -- Flemington NJ

Hey...  Did you ever get your HR44?  Just curious because I'm trying to get one in Hillsborough, NJ...

Sorry for the lack of update.  I got busy and just rescheduled my appt about 10 days ago.  Today was the first appt they had available.  Tech showed up and had no 44s on the truck.  He called another tech in the same area that has an HR44-200 on his truck so he left to go get it.  Not sure if the clients he has are the 31s or the 41s.  I'm OK with the 200 because all my locations are wired.  I heard they have a few issues with wireless though.  Hoping my 44 finally gets installed in the next 30 minutes.  -- Flemington, NJ

Edited by TheJackal, 05 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#392 OFFLINE   maerativo

maerativo

• Registered
  • 34 posts
  • LocationN. California

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

you can also get an HR34 with a CCK-W.  

I didn't ask for the HR44, the CSR told me that it would be a HR44 because I have a wireless network. She stated that she indicated on the order that the DVR was to be the HR44. I double checked at the end of the phone call that I was indeed getting the HR44 and she said yes it's on the order.

A couple of months ago I had called DTV to inquire about the HR44 deployment locations and the CSR passed my call onto the "special promotions" department. The gentleman in that department was very informative about the HR44 and the disbursement protocol that was planned for the HR44. He stated that he had attended a meeting the day before that outlined the HR44 issuance procedure starting 11/1/2013. He said that starting 11/1/13 if an order for a Genie DVR required a wireless network connection then the policy was to install the HR44 only. He stated that if I wanted a HR44 to wait until after 11/1/13 to place an upgrade order for a Genie with a CSR and to stipulate that I had a wireless network. This is what I did and the CSR stipulated that the DVR was to be a HR44. I know there are no guarantees that the installer will have one on his truck, however he will need to call to confirm the appointment and at that time I will double check that he has a HR44 on his truck for the installation. 

How you have only wireless internet:

I live on a mountain top about five miles from town, in a rural area of N. California. I have a clear line-of-site to the north end of town, rolling hills between. No cable, no DSL and now no landline telephone. About ten years ago a local internet provider approached me about installing a relay transmitter (now a Ubiquiti Networks "NanoBridge M") on my mountain top to extend his wireless internet backbone so he could reach more customers. As a result I get free wireless internet service. I could tap directly into the feed from the system. However, for security reasons I choose to have a wireless router to connect all of my devices to the internet. Yes I could manage a wired ethernet connection to the HR44 from the router, but my main concern in upgrading to a Genie was to get the HR44 and not the HR34.

Sorry about the long post answers. I have been reading the forums here for five years and really appreciate the advice and wisdom shared by the members. I don't post very often but do visit the forum regularly. My intent in posting the info about my upgrade order for a HR44 was to pass on the info about the HR44 deployment for wireless network situations. I will post a follow up after the installation as to how this all worked out. 

HR44-500
HR24-500
Roku 3

#393 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Thank you for the info! Sounds like you've got everything in place, and it should be a good system for you in your situation. 

Look forward to your followup! 

#394 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

The fact that you want an HR44 does not change the fact that DirecTV does not guarantee any specific model.  it is no difference with the Genie regardless what connection to the internet you currently have.  You can however "play" the game that many folks like to play an keep rescheduling your appointment until the techs has an HR44.  There is nothing wrong with that

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#395 OFFLINE   TheJackal

TheJackal

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Sorry for the lack of update.  I got busy and just rescheduled my appt about 10 days ago.  Today was the first appt they had available.  Tech showed up and had no 44s on the truck.  He called another tech in the same area that has an HR44-200 on his truck so he left to go get it.  Not sure if the clients he has are the 31s or the 41s.  I'm OK with the 200 because all my locations are wired.  I heard they have a few issues with wireless though.  Hoping my 44 finally gets installed in the next 30 minutes.  -- Flemington, NJ

Guy came back about an hour later with an HR44-200 and three C41s.  Swapped everything out pretty quickly.  I helped him undo and redo many of the connections.  HR-44 and 3 C41s weren't cooperating though.  Lots of blank white screen and trouble changing channels.  I suggested to him to double check the splitters in the basement to make sure they were not overloaded since one of the runs replaced 2 tuners with 5 tuners.  That was the issue.  After the swap, one of the splitters had the hr44 and two hr24s on it (9 tuners).  After putting the two hr24s on one and the hr44 and the clients on the other everything works OK now.  Still a bit of lag when changing channels on the clients but not completely unbearable.  Now to reschedule all my series.  fun!

#396 OFFLINE   maerativo

maerativo

• Registered
  • 34 posts
  • LocationN. California

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Here is the update on the HR44 install:

The installer called 30 minutes prior to showing up at my front door. When he called I inquired what DVR he had for my install. He stated that he had the HR44 as per the order.

When he arrived at the front door he identified himself with his photo ID. Told me what he was there to do and the equipment he was going to install. He proceeded to install the equipment and get everything working, including the two HR22's that I was keeping until I've watched my old recordings. He told me that when I'd finished with the old DVR's to call and he would upgrade one to a HR24. He was professional, knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. And he was fast. In 45 minutes he completed the install which required him to install a SWiM-16 in the existing system on two entertainment systems. Disconnect and reconnect the DVR's and Ethernet for the whole house system.

I was impressed by this guy. He knew what he was doing and got it done. I'm very happy with the upgrade to the HR44 and I'm impressed with the speed the DVR responds to the remote. Time will tell as to how much better it is over the HR22's that I have, but I see. More to follow. :roundandr    

HR44-500
HR24-500
Roku 3

#397 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

Here is the update on the HR44 install:

The installer called 30 minutes prior to showing up at my front door. When he called I inquired what DVR he had for my install. He stated that he had the HR44 as per the order.

When he arrived at the front door he identified himself with his photo ID. Told me what he was there to do and the equipment he was going to install. He proceeded to install the equipment and get everything working, including the two HR22's that I was keeping until I've watched my old recordings. He told me that when I'd finished with the old DVR's to call and he would upgrade one to a HR24. He was professional, knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. And he was fast. In 45 minutes he completed the install which required him to install a SWiM-16 in the existing system on two entertainment systems. Disconnect and reconnect the DVR's and Ethernet for the whole house system.

I was impressed by this guy. He knew what he was doing and got it done. I'm very happy with the upgrade to the HR44 and I'm impressed with the speed the DVR responds to the remote. Time will tell as to how much better it is over the HR22's that I have, but I see. More to follow. :roundandr    

Not sure how is he going to do that.  It can be done on the same day, and perhaps IIRC, 3 days after.  keep us posted.  

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#398 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Nice! I am liking your posts! 

#399 OFFLINE   maerativo

maerativo

• Registered
  • 34 posts
  • LocationN. California

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Not sure how is he going to do that.  It can be done on the same day, and perhaps IIRC, 3 days after.  keep us posted.  

Both of the HR22's have been reporting problems updating/downloading the Guide info randomly for the past year. The installer was going to replace one with a HR24 but I wanted to watch recorded shows and movies off of them before I switched over to the HR24. I know that I will have to call DTV and talk to a CSR in order to accomplish this upgrade. The CSR would not be able to guarantee a HR24 would be shipped to me. I would probably have to schedule a service call and hope I would be able to arrange for a HR24 to be installed. This installer/service tech is the only one in my area, and lives in town nearby, he implied that he will work with me on getting a HR24 when it's time.

BTW the new DVR is a HR44-500

HR44-500
HR24-500
Roku 3

#400 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Both of the HR22's have been reporting problems updating/downloading the Guide info randomly for the past year. The installer was going to replace one with a HR24 but I wanted to watch recorded shows and movies off of them before I switched over to the HR24. I know that I will have to call DTV and talk to a CSR in order to accomplish this upgrade. The CSR would not be able to guarantee a HR24 would be shipped to me. I would probably have to schedule a service call and hope I would be able to arrange for a HR24 to be installed. This installer/service tech is the only one in my area, and lives in town nearby, he implied that he will work with me on getting a HR24 when it's time.

BTW the new DVR is a HR44-500

But there is no such thing.  the only way is to create a service call which the tech will loose money and affect his metrics....  not a good idea...  

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hr44, deployment, cities, installs, installation, survey, city, locations, location

Protected By... spam firewall...And...