Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

HR44 Deployment locations

Hr44 deployment cities installs installation survey city locations location

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   bukzin

bukzin

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

HR44-500 just installed in a motorhome in Port Townsend WA replacing an HR22.  Also converted Winegard Trav'ler RV system to SWM.  Super installer.

What is the model number of your Winegard dish?  Was the conversion a factory mod/aftermarket or was it provided by

a 3rd party supplier?

Approx. did the finished dish cost, parts and labor to get it to SWM?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#402 OFFLINE   randyk47

randyk47

Icon

• Registered
  • 814 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

Had an HR44-200 installed November 24 here in San Antonio.  Since I already had a hardwired switch at the install location done earlier to support MRV we didn't even consider wireless.  Tech did say that they'd been installing HR44s almost as fast as they were getting them in the shop.  He said they don't have and are not getting anymore HR34s though local contractors in the area have them.  Interestingly we almost had an issue with the SWM16 as he didn't have one and had called me to say he was going to be late as he had to meet up with another tech to get a SWM16 off his truck.  Luckily I had done a self-install of a SWM16 so that turned out not to be a problem so he kept the appointment time.  While he was here he entered the serial number of the SWM16 in their system so maybe we'll finally get that in my records after three or four previous tries by techs.   

Elite 70" HD LED/HR44/AM21/Denon AVR/Harmony 900
Samsung 52" HD LCD/HR21/Yamaha HTR/Harmony One
Samsung 40" HD LED/HR23/AM21/Pioneer HTR/Harmony 900
Samsung 32" HD LCD/OTA
Slimline Dish
SWM16
MRV
Attic Mounted HD OTA
U-verse Internet/Phone

#403 OFFLINE   tomski35

tomski35

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Orange County, NY

Had a tech out yesterday (Tuesday) to fix a a 775 error.  Replaced the power inserter and a bunch of connectors.  Asked him if they were carrying the 44s.  He said that was all they were installing and asked if I was eligible for an upgrade. I said yes.  He said let me call in and get it set up.  Unfortunatley, he got disconnected from DTV during the call.

I called last night and ordered the Genie.  They set up the appointment for this morning.  The tech was here by 9:00 and done by 9:30.  I already had 9 tuners so had the right switch. The install was just a matter of swapping out a box and putting the Genie on one side of the switch by itself.

This thing is lighning fast!  Best DVR I've ever had.  This should improve the WAF significantly.  I'm ready to toss all my 23s in the trash.

I took the CCK out and am using the one on board.  One less piece of hadware to plug in.

#404 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Registered
  • 448 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

Effort, PA

I had the Genie HR44 installed yesterday. The technician used my ethernet cable plugged straight into HR44. Yes, as tomski35 noted above, it is lightning fast, and I'm loving it as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hr44, deployment, cities, installs, installation, survey, city, locations, location

Protected By... spam firewall...And...