Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

HR44 Deployment locations

Hr44 deployment cities installs installation survey city locations location

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Nice, good to hear another one in the south FL market getting one. Have an install coming tomorrow (Boynton Beach, FL), and the request for a HR44 so hopefully I'll get that.

I hate you.   When I saw that the last post was from somebody with a Yankees logo as their avatar, I got excited thinking that someone who lives in the NY metropolitan area had finally received an HR-44.  Then I read your disappointing post saying that you live in Florida.

• toryvad likes this

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   yanksno1

yanksno1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationBoynton Beach, FL

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

I hate you.   When I saw that the last post was from somebody with a Yankees logo as their avatar, I got excited thinking that someone who lives in the NY metropolitan area had finally received an HR-44.  Then I read your disappointing post saying that you live in Florida.

Haha, love the Extra Innings package for that reason. And hopefully, no more conflicts soon when games are on.

Lets Go Yankees!!!!

#83 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,938 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

I hate you. When I saw that the last post was from somebody with a Yankees logo as their avatar, I got excited thinking that someone who lives in the NY metropolitan area had finally received an HR-44. Then I read your disappointing post saying that you live in Florida.

Nope, not yet in the NY market
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#84 OFFLINE   Rosco

Rosco

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

St. Charles, MO. has them on their trucks along with C41's. Serviced a van the other day and saw them in there

#85 OFFLINE   steelgtr

steelgtr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

So, why doesn't everyone just go here and actually call installers in their area? :

http://www.directv.c...r&lpos=Footer:2

#86 OFFLINE   o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS

Mentor

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBaltimore Md.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

Thanks steelgtr, just what I and others were looking for.

#87 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

So, why doesn't everyone just go here and actually call installers in their area? :

http://www.directv.c...r&lpos=Footer:2

Because those aren't the installers that DirecTV uses when you get equipment through them.  A small retailer, who may only stock 5 Genies at a time, may already be getting HR44's while Mastec, who likely has hundreds, won't be getting them until current inventory runs out.  I've never had any success in finding a number for Mastec on Long Island, where I could get any information.

#88 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,938 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Because those aren't the installers that DirecTV uses when you get equipment through them. A small retailer, who may only stock 5 Genies at a time, may already be getting HR44's while Mastec, who likely has hundreds, won't be getting them until current inventory runs out. I've never had any success in finding a number for Mastec on Long Island, where I could get any information.

Bill that is the market I work in, and there is no indication of 44s yet
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#89 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Bill that is the market I work in, and there is no indication of 44s yet

Thanks.  Although I know that you will do so even without me asking, please let us know when you being seeing them.

I've been holding off on scheduling a realignment (I lose 103 almost instantly when it rains, which was probably caused by Hurricane Sandy), figuring that it can wait until I get an HR-44.  So, I want to place that order as soon as they are available locally.

#90 OFFLINE   CDJohnson25

CDJohnson25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOn a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Installer stopped by and has HR44 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I had a schedule conflict, so I had to reschedule for next weekend. I offered him a cold beverage for his troubles, and I hope he comes back as he was a good guy.

I'll report back next weekend once we're up and running.

#91 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

Got an HR44 installed yesterday in mid-Michigan. Multiband is the Directv service co.

#92 OFFLINE   yanksno1

yanksno1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationBoynton Beach, FL

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Got my HR44 installed yesterday with a c41 client (with a SWM-16). Like stvjohnsn said, the installer said they've been installing them for the last month and half or so.

Edited by yanksno1, 29 June 2013 - 11:38 AM.

Lets Go Yankees!!!!

#93 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Nice, good to hear another one in the south FL market getting one. Have an install coming tomorrow (Boynton Beach, FL), and the request for a HR44 so hopefully I'll get that.

For those that didn't get one when you confirmed, what'd you do (cancel the install, reschedule, etc.)?

Don't count on it.   I got a replacement Genie in very late May in Coral Gables, FL and it was an HR-34.   It is acting up in the past few days and after several phone calls it was escalated to the Case Management group who is supposedly sending out a tech with "more experience" to check things out Monday morning and, if necessary, replace the unit.   I really do think I got a bad one as it started shuddering on playback, not only on other TV's on the network, but even when it is played on the genie.  I also recorded a particular program on the genie AND on the HR-24 in the living room and the recording from the HR-24 was perfect while the one from the genie was unwatchable.   I really didn't want to take a morning off from work especially when they couldn't assure me they would get here early enough to let me get to work in the afternoon, when I simply must be there, but they wouldn't send me one to self install, so I guess I am stuck.  I just want it fixed or replaced, so I am going to be sitting around Monday morning and I will let you know if Mas Tec in Miami-Dade has 34's or 44's.   I haven't actually "demanded" a 44 because all I really care is that it works and does what it is supposed to do, but I think, with two bad 34's in a row, I would welcome a change, just in case it makes a difference.

#94 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Because those aren't the installers that DirecTV uses when you get equipment through them.  A small retailer, who may only stock 5 Genies at a time, may already be getting HR44's while Mastec, who likely has hundreds, won't be getting them until current inventory runs out.  I've never had any success in finding a number for Mastec on Long Island, where I could get any information.

That's correct, my installer is not on the list, mostly TV shops, etc. My installer is Ironwood and I got their national number through Google. Mastec is in Florida, if you call them they can probably tell you about Long Island. I have used Ironwood's national HQ to set up a local installation when I wanted to move my installation to an earlier date.

Edited by joed32, 30 June 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#95 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

Add San Diego, South County. My brother doesn't post here but he said he ordered an upgrade last week and they brought him a 44 with two C41s. We're outside Madison so I'm still waiting a while or I'm going to turn to Solid Signal. His install was $99 for the upgrade plus $49 for the install.

Edited by Skyboss, 30 June 2013 - 08:47 AM.

List is getting short….FMC HD, ID HD, Sundance HD, and Encore HD Channels.

#96 OFFLINE   steelgtr

steelgtr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

I still think it could be helpful to see if *anyone* in a certain area was receiving them . I found a Mom & Pop guy that had them locally and felt encouraged.  Unless you tell me that it's a completely different network, retailer vs. installer, which in that case would mean no correlation.

bob

#97 OFFLINE   steelgtr

steelgtr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

That's correct, my installer is not on the list, mostly TV shops, etc. My installer is Ironwood and I got their national number through Google. Mastec is in Florida, if you call them they can probably tell you about Long Island. I have used Ironwood's national HQ to set up a local installation when I wanted to move my installation to an earlier date.

Do you have a number for Ironwood?  Are they national?

#98 OFFLINE   HDJulie

HDJulie

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

I spoke with an installer today when he came to install my free upgrade on my only non-DVR receiver. He said that they have only HR44 genies. This is in the Little Rock area. I'm not going to update the map since I didn't get one installed (I got one through WeaKnees). What was interesting was that when I asked him what DVR he brought he said an HR24 & that it was the first one of them he'd seen in a few weeks - they'd had HR21s up until today. Glad I was the lucky one.

#99 OFFLINE   polo2268

polo2268

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Any news on North Jersey

#100 OFFLINE   russfg

russfg

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Just got my HR-44 installed 6/29 in Tuscaloosa, AL. The guy that did the install is based out of Bessemer. Holy crap its fast and has PIP - the ability to show 2 screens side by side! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hr44, deployment, cities, installs, installation, survey, city, locations, location

Protected By... spam firewall...And...