Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Installation process for my setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nolow

nolow

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I am concerned about how they will run the wires in my home. Through the FAQ's, it appears that receivers only need one coaxial cable. I currently have cable. There is a single coaxial run outside. This goes to a junction box in a closet with a splitter. All of the coxial cables from my rooms run to this central location.

How many wires have to go to the actual satelite dish?

I plan on purchasing the Top 120 plan and add international programming. I believe that a second dish is requried for the international programming. Would this require additional coaxial runs?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

The wing dish can be connected to the input port on the main dish.

Which system are you getting?

The Hopper/Joey system only requires one coax from the Dish to the Hopper, then a coax to the node which connects to all your Joeys, so your current setup can work well there, if however youare getting a VIP (722or 211) setup one cable is required from the dish to each receiver.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

spam firewall