Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Soccer Plus HD?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   noahproblem

noahproblem

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

While scrolling through the guide this morning I noticed there's a full set of listings for the HD  (621-1) channel, although tuning to it right now it still shows the D* placeholder logo.  Does anybody know if they're about to go full time HD or is that just a glitch?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

I can't imagine it going full time because Fox Soccer will become FXX later this year. So I'm guessing a glitch.
Go Big Red!!!

#3 OFFLINE   larryharry59

larryharry59

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

Ye noticed that too yesterday though. I'm not subscribed to it so can't tell if they are showing what they have scheduled for the HD channel.

#4 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Since Fox Soccer is turning into FXX, maybe the sports programming from Fox Soccer is going to move to Fox Soccer Plus and go full-time HD?  That is my hope anyway.

#5 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

will it be still at the old setanta sports price? I think a few other systems have it at the same price?

And with Fox Soccer is turning into FXX with fox soccer plus change numbers?

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 03 June 2013 - 09:00 AM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#6 OFFLINE   larryharry59

larryharry59

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think its most likely will be full time HD and move to the Sports pack. I don't think it will be called Fox Soccer Plus anymore let alone a rebranded Fox Soccer since Fox lost alot of soccer rights and the ones they do have, the Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup plus the World Cups for men and women will all be broadcasted on new Fox Sports 1. Most likely Fox Soccer plus will have Scottish soccer plus rugby and aussie rules. 

#7 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

I really hope this gets moved to the Sports Pack like other operators.

http://worldsoccerta...prominent-role/

FOX Sports COO Eric Shanks said:

“FOX Soccer Plus will continue to feature a wide assortment of terrific soccer and rugby matches from UEFA Euro 2016 and 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, CONCACAF Champions League, Gold Cup, Women’s U17 and U20 tournaments; FA Cup; Hyundai A-League; International Challenge Cup; NWSL; UEFA Europa League; 10 different international rugby tournaments and leagues; plus a variety of related highlight, magazine and original programs.”

FOX Sports COO Randy Freer, meanwhile, discussed the role that FOX Sports Go will play, which is the new app to launch in August in conjunction with FOX Sports 1. Freer revealed more details about whether soccer coverage would be available, too:

“We’ll launch Fox Sports Go, an app for authenticated subscribers, in conjunction with Fox Sports 1 with significant ‘couch rights,’ a one-stop experience.  It will, of course, be your app for scores, highlights, VOD, but also one’s entry point to FOX Soccer Plus and other vehicles we have.  It is a significant move to an aggregated application for TV Everywhere as well as your daily sports habits, like scores, highlights and fantasy.  Through it, we’ll have curated channels around our sports pillars that will provide us a leadership position by delivering massive video content across multiple platforms beyond the big screen

Edited by mws192, 28 June 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Uhhhh, what happen to SKY SPORTS NEWS?!?!?

Ben
Voodoo
All I Want:

Universal Sports HD.
Pac 12/SEC Networks.

#9 OFFLINE   awalt

awalt

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

I am a bit confused - so after Aug. 17 will there be Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus, and Fox Sports 1, still showing some soccer? Yet the Barclay's Premier League will be on NBC Universal and other NBC channels? If correct, this is confusing - reminds me of NASCAR moving all around, and they wonder why ratings go down - no one can find the broadcasts.

#10 OFFLINE   awalt

awalt

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Uhhhh, what happen to SKY SPORTS NEWS?!?!?

Ben
Voodoo

It is gone - I searched on my DTV channels and it is nowhere to be found. My series recording of it shows 0 too. I did find fOX announced that once Fox Sports 1 begins Aug 17, it will be on there  only ONCE per day, at 4 am (Eastern time? not sure) - you may have to record it to watch it. 

If true, I will miss having it multiple times per day - I frequently watched the first 5-10 minutes of it as stories were updated frequently throughout the day.  

Quite a bit of chaos in the soccer broadcast world these days.

#11 OFFLINE   mjc1027

mjc1027

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLansing, Michigan

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

Fox really dropped the ball, I see no point in them continuing to have Fox Soccer Plus, if they are getting rid of Fox Soccer...why not just close FSP and keep Fox Soccer running?.  Money rules everything.

#12 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Fox really dropped the ball, I see no point in them continuing to have Fox Soccer Plus, if they are getting rid of Fox Soccer...why not just close FSP and keep Fox Soccer running?.  Money rules everything.

Fox soccer is on more systems and more HD?

Fox soccer plus is still under the old Setanta Sports priceing on lot's of systems or not even on some.

#13 OFFLINE   JohnVT

JohnVT

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

where is a clear description of what is remaining on Fox Soccer Plus?  what am I paying $15 for?  thanks

#14 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

where is a clear description of what is remaining on Fox Soccer Plus?  what am I paying $15 for?  thanks

It's in post 7 of this thread:

FOX Sports COO Eric Shanks said:

“FOX Soccer Plus will continue to feature a wide assortment of terrific soccer and rugby matches from UEFA Euro 2016 and 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, CONCACAF Champions League, Gold Cup, Women’s U17 and U20 tournaments; FA Cup; Hyundai A-League; International Challenge Cup; NWSL; UEFA Europa League; 10 different international rugby tournaments and leagues; plus a variety of related highlight, magazine and original programs.”

Edited by KyL416, 04 July 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   JohnVT

JohnVT

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

It's in post 7 of this thread:

thanks...  I thought I scanned the thread, and obviously looked right past that.  :sleeping:

#16 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 674 posts
  • LocationStanislaus County Farmland

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

It's in post 7 of this thread:“FOX Soccer Plus will continue to feature a wide assortment of terrific soccer and rugby matches from UEFA Euro 2016 and 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, CONCACAF Champions League, Gold Cup, Women’s U17 and U20 tournaments; FA Cup; Hyundai A-League; International Challenge Cup; NWSL; UEFA Europa League; 10 different international rugby tournaments and leagues; plus a variety of related highlight, magazine and original programs.”

I don't see any event or league that I want to pay extra for.   FSC+ is part of the regular Sports Pack on Oceanic Time Warner Cable and that we just pay an extra $5.99 for about 10 sports channels.

#17 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

I don't see any event or league that I want to pay extra for. FSC+ is part of the regular Sports Pack on Oceanic Time Warner Cable and that we just pay an extra $5.99 for about 10 sports channels.

Yup, when channels are bundled more people are likely to subscribe because you get more for your perceived value. When sold as a la carte, the price for one channel rises to the point where many less are willing to pay for it.

#18 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Yup, when channels are bundled more people are likely to subscribe because you get more for your perceived value. When sold as a la carte, the price for one channel rises to the point where many less are willing to pay for it.

But is sold as a la carte or are they just ruining out the old deal? other systems have the same price for this channel.  Maybe new deals will force it to an different pack?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...