Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How/When do shows fall of my GenieGo?

GenieGo Nomad List

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cmalberto

cmalberto

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

When / how dow shows that are no longer on my DVR roll off my GenieGo? Is there a way to force this otherwise?

So I am quite sure playing the show in question has been prepared. It is neither on either of my 2 connected devices(Mac and iPad). I have also watched on the DVR and have deleted off of the playlist. My thought was that it should fall of the GenieGo too since I have watched and no longer want view. 

I am wondering longer term on some of my series that I am behind on that they are prepared but will most likely watch on my DVR and if so I would like for it to be removed as I don't want to keep up with what I have previously watched. 

Any thoughts, comments are ideas will most appreciated.

--Mickey

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,627 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Shows that are deleted from the dvr should fall off the geniego.  There may be some time gap just to be sure that a show isn't deleted if a dvr is just offline for a while.

It really doesn't matter because the geniego is just a first in - first out - things are pushed out as space is needed.

That works until a bad transcode or some other problem occurs.  A two-minute reset will clear everything.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#3 OFFLINE   cmalberto

cmalberto

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the comment. My only real issue is trying to remember that I have watched a particular show in the series. I have like 5 shows at a time and I may watch one or two on the DVR. Then I have to remember which ones on the mobile device as it doesn't indicate that the show has been watched nor does it reside on the DVR since it was deleted. 

Any way that is my dilemma. Doing a reset wouldn't be feasible as I would have to re-transcode everything. 

--Mickey

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,585 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

I see your dilemma! 

My solution, important for some shows, not so much for others, is to make sure I watch them in chronological order. Thus, I sometimes have to refer to IMDB.com, but it's worth it—again, for some shows. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   cmalberto

cmalberto

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

What you know it would make a liar out of me. The show I watch earlier today is off the list as well as the show I watch last night. One. What's the one that was actually stuck. It is also gone.

--Mickey

Protected By... spam firewall...And...